LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wonderin if anyone ever saw a car with marble accents instead of wood grain and if so did it look any good?

pics if anyone has em would be great

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
marble is heavy and hard to cut..

therefore intricate accents of mable would be hard to do..
simple squares are easy..

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
its a good thought....maybe some artificial marble...kind of stuff thats on countertop and stuff...black marble would look pretty damn sweet i think...

·
Registered
310 Posts
The closest i've seen is my buddies honda civic tuner, it took it a little lowrider and his interior pieces were smoothed and painted bowlin ball, looks sick as shit though

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ima try out some different ways to do it, Ill keep yall posted and try to get some pics on here when Im finished.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone ever heard of using contact paper and clear coat? this guy I know suggested that just wonderin if anyone had tried that?

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
You can buy marblizer paint from house of colors paint and use that on your hard plastic peaces, I know house of colors is a automotive paint but it works good on plastic if you prep it right and use adhesive promotor it will look tight my favorite is the sivler white marblizer over black. :0 There is a car in our club that has the silver white over purle in his hard plastic interior parts but i cant help u with pics sorry.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
i was thinking of removing the engine turned insert in my SS trim, and painting it black and white marble..

the HOK stuff is supre easy to use..

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Oct 31 2003, 04:55 PM
i was thinking of removing the engine turned insert in my SS trim, and painting it black and white marble..

the HOK stuff is supre easy to use..
hok??? whats this stuff? tell me more?

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
House of Kolor..

I've marbled a few things with their paint..

lay down your base color, let cure, then throw down the marbelizer..
use saran wrap or whatever you want to get your marble effect.. bubblewrap, tin foil, whatever... each will give a different look...
then after like 5 deconds, pull or peel the wrap off...

clear coat, and youre done..

depending on your clear, you may have to use an intercoat clear first

1 - 14 of 14 Posts