LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if you could marble paint with other brands like ppg or sikkens???

or are these special paint to do this???

and another q

if the clear leaks on thefinal clear coat can it be fixed without clearing the car again if yes how?

thanks

·
Registered
343 Posts
if u mean runs when u say leaks then yes u can fix it woth out reclearcoating, just wetsand the run out with 600 grit, then again with 1500 and buff it out, you may have to reclear tho if it is a big run and you break through the clear wetsanding

·
Registered
191 Posts
The only other company that I know of is extoic it is made by the people that make hok i think it is velpar but not sure. you dont really need to get a marbleizer paint there are other ways to acheive the effect. black, silver, glad warp, clear, kandy.

Last edited by RIDA142 at Oct 21 2003, 06:29 AM

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
hok is the only one that has marblizer, if you use regular paint the build up is to high and it does not come off correctly with the wrap. plus the marble is under $50.00 a quart

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Xotic.com

·
Registered
191 Posts
so they do sell the marbalizer paint right? i thought i had seen that. my paint guy told me xotic is the same a hok. correct me if im wrong. i have a hok catalog of colors and he matched the hok stuff with the xtoic for a better price. 2 oz of candy tangerine 2.60 4 oz of mirco flake 20.00 dont know if thats a good price. i airbrush and buy hok color at 7-8 buck an 1oz is not as good as the xtoic. my .02

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
This is some Xotic Candy with there micro flakes, they also have some that looks like the paint has been crystalized, its pretty cool

Last edited by 64 at Oct 23 2003, 03:39 AM

·
Registered
3,542 Posts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts