LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went too autozone and they told me they couldnt test my batterys with there machine it would fry it,he told me too use a ohm meter,i got one my question is how's that gonna tell me one of the batterys is bad or don't hold a charge?

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Go to a tool shop like Harbor Freight and by a load tester... it's always a good investment... then charge the batteries and check them, but make sure to remove the cables first or you won't get an accurate test.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i really need one of them,good lookin out and thanx for fast response ;),i guess a ohm meter really won't tell me shit,i was thinking that when dude up there told me,lol

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by HydroCutlass86@Aug 6 2005, 05:13 PM~3553471
yea i really need one of them,good lookin out and thanx for fast response  ;),i guess a ohm meter really won't tell me shit,i was thinking that when dude up there told me,lol

all that a volt/ohm meter will tell you is how mcuh charge the batteries have... it's possible to tell sometimes by that, but not always... say if you charge all of your batteries and all of them read over 12 volts (as they should) and one reads say 9.5... then it's probable that is the bad one.... but a load yester is much more accurate. It will tell you how strong the batteries are, not just what's in them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts