LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im thinking about putting a CCE street kit(free shipping and the cheapest kit on sale right now) in 67 impala, not lookin for inches, just fast action. I've never seen the #5 in action, does anyone have any video of a #5 in motion???????

·
Registered
394 Posts
You cant switch that pumphead out if you get those pumps and dont like it.

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by I.L.L.@Nov 24 2008, 11:13 PM~12249699
So im thinking about putting a CCE street kit(free shipping and the cheapest kit on sale right now) in 67 impala, not lookin for inches, just fast action. I've never seen the #5 in action, does anyone have any video of a #5 in motion???????

youre better off gettin a quality set that you can change the pumpheads on. and under their own words from previous forums about the "STREET" cylinders, they are cheap so youlll be wishing you upgraded. id suggest a kit from BMH, PRO HOPPER, KOOLAID OR PITBULLS.....
easier to get quality parts right off that bat without having to pay for upgrades.. id rather pay more for quality and shipping charge versus having to pay for replacement parts plus the shipping. either way youre gonna have to pay for shipping somehow... doesnt make sense to get shipping for free unless the kit your getting is not up to par.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Nov 25 2008, 02:21 AM~12250583
youre better off gettin a quality set that you can change the pumpheads on.  and under their own words from previous forums about the "STREET" cylinders, they are cheap so youlll be wishing you upgraded.  id suggest a kit from BMH, PRO HOPPER, KOOLAID OR PITBULLS.....
easier to get quality parts right off that bat without having to pay for upgrades.. id rather pay more for quality and shipping charge versus having to pay for replacement parts plus the shipping.  either way youre gonna have to pay for shipping somehow... doesnt make sense to get shipping for free unless the kit your getting is not up to par.
x2 with a street kit from cce you will pay trust me, and everybody else will tell you. ;)

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by maniak2005@Nov 25 2008, 01:27 AM~12250992
x2 with a street kit from cce you will pay trust me, and everybody else will tell you. ;)
exactly. youre paying for that free shipping somehow. either in a cheap kit that will cause nothing but problems or youll be ordering from another company to replace shit. theres no such thing as free. as much as the kit will weight when its sent out, it will cost money to send. and i gaurantee you, youre paying for it someone how, some way.... save urself the trouble.... go thru layitlow and use the search option and type in CCE. and see all the forums complaining. if the search dont work, use google.com and search from there. and if all else fails ill personally search for you and pm you them..... remember u get what you pay for. u buy cheap you get cheap quality

same situation when u go to buy stereo systems for ur car. they say they will toss in the dash kit as well as the harness to install it for free. but let me tell you that stupid wiring harness they purchase is $1.99 which they sell for 16.99 and up to 19.99 and the dash kits are i believe now 12.99 and they sell them for 19.99 and 25.99 and up to 100.00 for certain cars.... so it looks like u got a good deal. but for them throwing in 15 bucks worth of parts when they make 3 times the amount off the products worth off an amp. cd players not much mark up there. the money youll spend is in the amps, and speakers....

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
remember i warned you about those cheap ass switches u were using before. just do ur research and we wont be seeing ur next forum entitled how much ur pissed off with what u got and wish you had researched and/or listened to those who would steer u in a better directions.

heres BMH 875.00 for their winter kit.

http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=440358

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Nov 25 2008, 04:27 AM~12251339
exactly.  youre paying for that free shipping somehow.  either in a cheap kit that will cause nothing but problems or youll be ordering from another company to replace shit.  theres no such thing as free.  as much as the kit will weight when its sent out, it will cost money to send.  and i gaurantee you, youre paying for it someone how, some way.... save urself the trouble.... go thru layitlow and use the search option and type in CCE.  and see all the forums complaining.  if the search dont work, use google.com and search from there. and if all else fails ill personally search for you and pm you them..... remember u get what you pay for. u buy cheap you get cheap quality

same situation when u go to buy stereo systems for ur car.  they say they will toss in the dash kit as well as the harness to install it for free. but let me tell you that stupid wiring harness they purchase is $1.99 which they sell for 16.99 and up to 19.99 and the dash kits are i believe now 12.99 and they sell them for 19.99 and 25.99 and up to 100.00 for certain cars....  so it looks like u got a good deal. but for them throwing in 15 bucks worth of parts when they make 3 times the amount off the products worth off an amp.  cd players not much mark up there.  the money youll spend is in the amps, and speakers....
damb homie tell it like it is. ;)

·
★CCE Queen★ Team CCE :]
1,484 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Nov 25 2008, 01:21 AM~12250583
youre better off gettin a quality set that you can change the pumpheads on.  and under their own words from previous forums about the "STREET" cylinders, they are cheap so youlll be wishing you upgraded.  id suggest a kit from BMH, PRO HOPPER, KOOLAID OR PITBULLS.....
easier to get quality parts right off that bat without having to pay for upgrades.. id rather pay more for quality and shipping charge versus having to pay for replacement parts plus the shipping.  either way youre gonna have to pay for shipping somehow... doesnt make sense to get shipping for free unless the kit your getting is not up to par.

Well.....I just want to start with letting you know that the only reason why we "DO NOT INCLUDE THE UPGRADES" in our kits is because "NOT EVERYONE NEEDS THOSE UPGRADES". WHY would we make you pay for upgrades that you DON'T EVEN NEED???? that's why there are "OPTIONS ". Every car/customer is different.

Second.....let me just give you the break down of our STREET KIT with all the UPGRADES (in case you need them)

-Street Kit (CHROME pumps, cylinders,dump assembly, steal return hoses) $795
-UPGRADE to 10-12" cylinders $20-30
-UPGRADE to front deep cups $20
-UPGRADE to Coil over (top+bottom+swivels) $125
-2pr 2ton Pre-cut springs $160
-------------
Total price "INCASE" you need all these "UPGRADES"..... $1130
***FREE SHIPPING / NO TAX***

Or...... if all you is the KIT and the springs, you'll be paying...... :0 $955
***FREE SHIPPING/NO TAX***

So.....your kit for $999 (plus) SHIPPING easy $135 = to........ $1134 !
And you will still pay the same even if you DONT WANT the "FREE UPGRADES" :cool:

And third.......

why don't you spend time in makind the sport BETTER instead of HATTIN ON EVERYONE. :cool:

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
ya with the problems people keep having with ur "street" cylinders then EVERYONE NEEDS THAT UPGRADE.

im not hating im telling it like it is. if someone doesnt like it. do something about it, such as make a better cylinder than a cheap one. better to have that then to keep getting people complaining about them. from a business stand point, its better to have a qaulity cylinder go out to the public than an inferior one... grant it i know people want things for cheap, but that doesnt mean a company should stoop to that level to sell cheap parts either. you get what you pay for, but what people pay for gets your company and cylinders a bad wrap.

·
1,484 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Nov 25 2008, 01:03 PM~12253712
ya with the problems people keep having with ur "street" cylinders then EVERYONE NEEDS THAT UPGRADE. 

im not hating im telling it like it is.  if someone doesnt like it. do something about it, such as make a better cylinder than a cheap one.  better to have that then to keep getting people complaining about them.  from a business stand point, its better to have a qaulity cylinder go out to the public than an inferior one... grant it i know people want things for cheap, but that doesnt mean a company should stoop to that level to sell cheap parts either.  you get what you pay for, but what people pay for gets your company and cylinders a bad wrap.
Well..... obviously you are not keeping updated with our changes. Our cylinders are COMPLETELY RESIGNED:

- Tig Welded Top Design -
- Longer Piston For More Stability -
- Poly-pak Seal Design -
- Bronze Bushings

We do offer 3 levels of cylinders..... Street,Competition & Super strokers. If the point of what your trying to get at is " to sell the Super Stroker cylinders for chrome price..... well is not possible"

So....for example why don' t you call FORD and tell them to QUIT SELLING THE "FOCUS" and just sell MUSTANGS for the same PRICE????? OR call DODGE and ask them WHY they offer the CHARGER in a V6 "AND" A V8, AND SRT8??? :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:

·
1,484 Posts
Well..... obviously you are not keeping updated with our changes. Our cylinders are COMPLETELY RESIGNED:

- Poly-pak Seal Design -
- Bronze Bushings

Oh and..... IT IS HATTIN.!!!!!
;) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,425 Posts

- Poly-pak Seal Design -
- Bronze Bushings

Oh and..... IT IS HATTIN.!!!!!
;) :thumbsup:
good job. and very well put. and u were even nice about it. lol :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
what i dont understand is why did it take cce this long to make a better cylinder, when the other companies been doing it for years.

·
1,484 Posts
Originally posted by maniak2005@Nov 25 2008, 03:57 PM~12255170
what i dont understand is why did it take cce this long to make a better cylinder, when the other companies been doing it for years.

Point blank.... It was our fault for relying on a out sourced manufacturer to build our cylinders.. Obviously we made a few mistakes by doing so.

We NOW design and manufacture our cylinders in house HERE at CCE..
Your past experience with our cylinders is now hoped to be redeemed by our newly redesigned cylinders for those who pay (20$-35$) for the upgrade when purchasing a kit.

We have always taken consideration into the comments and concerns from our customers, so feel free to contact us at anytime. :cool:

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
well i have 2 cars to do this winter and my name is on them. im a bit worried about using your cylinders. the pumps are good no problems there. what are the cylinders made of. (what type of steel)

·
1,484 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Nov 25 2008, 01:03 PM~12253712

im not hating im telling it like it is.  if someone doesnt like it. do something about it, such as make a better cylinder than a cheap one.  better to have that then to keep getting people complaining about them.  from a business stand point, its better to have a qaulity cylinder go out to the public than an inferior one... grant it i know people want things for cheap, but that doesnt mean a company should stoop to that level to sell cheap parts either.  you get what you pay for, but what people pay for gets your company and cylinders a bad wrap.

I have a question for you......
What was your bad experience with our cylinders?????

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Originally posted by maniak2005@Nov 25 2008, 04:26 PM~12255940
well i have 2 cars to do this winter and my name is on them. im a bit worried about using your cylinders. the pumps are good no problems there. what are the cylinders made of. (what type of steel)
I believe she said polypak twice?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts