LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
yes, i dont even bother rebuilding them, i just toss em in a bucket and buy new ones, ;)

O

·
0 Posts
man i got a list about a mile long to get my car ready for the indy show!!

O

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by hydrota@Jan 7 2004, 01:46 PM
I use heads for years :confused:
yeah, i hear ya, but the newer heads just dont seemto build pressure like they used to, and since they are so cheap its just easier and fast to just swapp em out for new ones imo :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
i've had the same ones for 4 years and no problems, of course the most volts they ever saw was 60 once now i'm back at 48.

O

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by stankin85@Jan 8 2004, 01:42 AM
i've had the same ones for 4 years and no problems, of course the most volts they ever saw was 60 once now i'm back at 48.
well if you jsut use them for up and down movement then yes they are fine for years, but under high pressure the metal expands and cause loss of pressure! and since they are only like 60 bux or so imo id rather have nice new stuff then some beat up old gears :biggrin:

·
Registered
20,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Equipped Customs+Jan 8 2004, 03:05 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Equipped Customs @ Jan 8 2004, 03:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--stankin85@Jan 8 2004, 01:42 AM
well if you jsut use them for up and down movement then yes they are fine for years, but under high pressure the metal expands and cause loss of pressure! and since they are only like 60 bux or so imo id rather have nice new stuff then some beat up old gears :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
where the hell u get them for $60? lol

prohopper wants $125 for a new #10

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
i have been using 2 sets per season. it does seem to make more power when you change them.

·
59 imp 64 imp 77 mc
11,239 Posts
Originally posted by Equipped Customs@Jan 7 2004, 09:43 AM
yes, i dont even bother rebuilding them, i just toss em in a bucket and buy new ones, ;)
how much you want for the bucket???

·
Registered
382 Posts
i second the hook up yea therr killin us on the prices... wel showtime had a dam good deal for 89 but i ran out of cash

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
CCE has them around 70 bucks all day long and they are the exclusive distributor for mar-crotchy. :biggrin:

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
As long as the gear spins freely and the internal section of the pump head is not scored....then throw new o-rings in it and plastic seals. You can run them for a LONG time. :)

·
Registered
20,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by big pimpin@Jan 10 2004, 02:40 AM
As long as the gear spins freely and the internal section of the pump head is not scored....then throw new o-rings in it and plastic seals. You can run them for a LONG time. :)
i already rebuilt it, no pressure, the pumphead has got to be shot because ive done everything i can think of and plenty of other things people have sudjested and still no lift :dunno:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts