LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colossus pump head, back door.

I'm thinking about trying to hook this up, I can't believe the outlet pressure port on the gears are only what 3/8" I'm thinking of drilling tapping out the center. What you your thoughts?

Also, i never tested it, but can the gears be run with an external tank, and the gears not lear all over the place?

Also, what do you think about these gears?

Last edited by Hydros at Nov 16 2003, 03:22 AM

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone else have any thoughts about drilling out the side casing and flowing that to the block as a 2nd press port?

anyone else see or use these?

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Originally posted by Hydros@Nov 17 2003, 10:28 PM
Anyone else have any thoughts about drilling out the side casing and flowing that to the block as a 2nd press port?

anyone else see or use these?
I have done what you are referring to, but a little different. I did it to be different, not for hopping ;)

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Couldn't you just use that as your primary pressure port and block the other! :dunno:

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by [email protected]@Nov 17 2003, 09:35 PM
For looks, I had a 2 hi-low 1" port pumps. I filled the blocks pressure port and the block was solid all the way around. I even filled the back plate of my marzoochi head where the pressure port is. I drilled a port directly above the gears on the pumphead and ran my pressure directly out of the head. I could have used external tanks, but decided not too, I can post a pic of my setup later if you want to see it ;)
Sure!! I would like to!! :biggrin: How did it perform?!

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by [email protected]@Nov 17 2003, 06:35 PM
For looks, I had a 2 hi-low 1" port pumps.  I filled the blocks pressure port and the block was solid all the way around.  I even filled the back plate of my marzoochi head where the pressure port is.  I drilled a port directly above the gears on the pumphead and ran my pressure directly out of the head.  I could have used external tanks and ran fluid hardlined to the gear, but decided not too, I can post a pic of my setup later if you want to see it ;)

this was back in 1998 ;)
YES! Post all you got. Thanks

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
here is a pic of one of the pumps, i did these myself back around august or october 1998. The 1" port on the block has been filled. A port directly above the gears has been placed, allowing for pressure to flow directly out of the head. I was originally gonna run external gears similar to aircraft with separate tanks, but my little trunk in my toyota MR2 would not allow room. So i just left a pressure port on the side of the block and ran the pressure from the head to the return port and out to my pro-hopper dual manifolds. If you think about it, this has quite an advantage to hoppers ;) ,but there are several precautions that have to be taken when doing your head and block like this.

i will try to find a pic of my set up here in a minute

just a little inkling of ideas I have had for pumpheads over the years. I have many more, but no time to experiment right now

Last edited by [email protected] at Nov 17 2003, 11:28 PM

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
a real shitty pic, i have better but have no idea where the right floppy disk is. I have about 1000 disks lying around with no names on them :angry: hopefully i can find a better pic

just imagine what it would have looked like if i finished it with no tank to the pumps, and a separate tank supplying fluid directly to the pumphead ;) installed by me in 1998

Last edited by [email protected] at Nov 17 2003, 11:26 PM

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice info, why did you not use two pressure ports? Or have you?

Having two holes is an option that appear would provide more improvement over enlarging the 3/8 gear outlet pressure port.

What size gears are those?

Thanks for the info.

BTW, I wonder how this would work in a piston tank with a real accumulator? BMH

How did you fill the 1" port, and do you want to sell this? Or make me one to my specifications?

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Originally posted by Hydros@Nov 17 2003, 11:41 PM
Nice info, why did you not use two pressure ports? Or have you?

Having two holes is an option that appear would provide more improvement over enlarging the 3/8 gear outlet pressure port.

What size gears are those?

Thanks for the info.

BTW, I wonder how this would work in a piston tank with a real accumulator? BMH

How did you fill the 1" port, and do you want to sell this?  Or make me one to my specifications?
I did to be different, not to hop. It was on my little toyota mr2. Some companies already make dual pressure port blocks, in Japan anyway for atleast 3 years now, not sure about US.

They are original #7 marzoochis produced in 1998.

Oh yeah, done right in an accumulator pump, would definitely increase the performance. There are several advantages to this.

and the other questions--------- :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

There is a pump in Japan using this same design now, it went into production a few years back
;) ;)

Last edited by [email protected] at Nov 17 2003, 11:47 PM

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
here is a pic of one of the pumps, i did these myself back around august or october 1998. The 1" port on the block has been filled. A port directly above the gears has been placed, allowing for pressure to flow directly out of the head. I was originally gonna run external gears similar to aircraft with separate tanks, but my little trunk in my toyota MR2 would not allow room. So i just left a pressure port on the side of the block and ran the pressure from the head to the return port and out to my pro-hopper dual manifolds. If you think about it, this has quite an advantage to hoppers ;) ,but there are several precautions that have to be taken when doing your head and block like this.

i will try to find a pic of my set up here in a minute

just a little inkling of ideas I have had for pumpheads over the years. I have many more, but no time to experiment right now

Last edited by [email protected] at Nov 17 2003, 11:28 PM

Ever find this pic??

·
Registered
948 Posts
I backdoored a Marz a couple of years ago. I drilled and threaded just behind the gears, I also ported and coned the inlet also.

The hoses was not pressed at the moment of the pictures Bild0096.jpg .
The results of it was abit quicker respons and I gained a couple of inches, but not much.. Bild0087.jpg

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Game is to be sold not told ..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts