LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i dont know how this happend but on my brothers truck a 92 mazda b2200 with like 255 000 km the mass air flow censor is gone or is broken and we took it to our friend and he got an estimation on how much it would cost and it is like $600 not including labour! dose anyone know if that is the right price or should i buy a used one and take the chance? i need ur help ASAP!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
has anyone ever replaced one?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mass airflow sensor $239.99 w/ $68 core at autozone (for fuel injected engine). If I'm not mistaken it's not that hard to change. I would suggest getting the chiltons or haynes repair manual and checking it out. I work at autozone and from what I've seen, they dont look that hard to replace....as long as you dont lose any screws in the process. ;)
You figure that the shop will be charging $60 in labor if not more, so that means they have about 4-5 hours worth of labor that they are hitting you with. The repair manual will cost you 15 bucks... if you can turn a wrench, it's worth a shot.. to save yourself some money. Most importantly, use the right tools for the job.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got the estimate today on the mass air flow censor and it is goign to cost $1400 for it not including labour! :uh:

·
Registered
357 Posts
just get a sensor...disconnected the battery to reset the computer..put on the new sensor reconnect the battery and you should be fine....the sensor should be about 200-300 dollars but the labour is over rated

1 - 6 of 6 Posts