LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAS ANYBODY USED THERE SUBS? IF SO HOW DO THEY SOUND? TRYING TO DICIDE BETWEEN KICKERS CVR OR MASSIVES FOR MY TRUCK.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
sorry but the Massive DMX's walk all over the Kicker CompVR's.........

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am going with two 10"comp series massives or two 10" kicker cvrs. its going in a 04 crew cab truck so there isnt much room behind the seat. or should i go with 3 10"s?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Originally posted by baby_girl@Sep 8 2005, 08:38 PM~3778596
i am going with two 10"comp series massives or two 10" kicker cvrs. its going in a 04 crew cab truck so there isnt much room behind the seat. or should i go with 3 10"s?
2 or 4, not 3

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by Pitbullx@Sep 8 2005, 08:15 PM~3778493
sorry but the Massive DMX's walk all over the Kicker CompVR's.........
those two subs arent in the same class bro... your comparing Massive's top end subs to kickers mediocre subs...

now if she was talking L7 to DMX's, now a more fair comparison...

She's comparing two 10"comp series massives with two 10" kicker cvrs... the CompVR's would shit on the comp series massives...

and i didnt think there was any room at all behind a crewcab... normally they place the subs in the storage compartment(if the truck has it) underneath the back seat, or you can buy a qlogic box that is made for that specific truck to go under the back seat...

which truck is it? i doubt there going anywhere but under the backseat...

if i'm right (which there is a fair chance that i am), you would only be able to do two 10's...

dont do odd number subs because when it comes down to wiring it and trying to match the ohm load, it just gets retarded and unnecessary... not saying it cant be done, but when you end up with 1.66ohms ohm load and a 2ohm stable amp, your gonna have that "i shit myself" look on your face....

2 compVr's will sound good in a 2 chamber sealed box giving each about 1cuft.

if you can fit a box behind the back seat, then try to tuck four back there, its most likely gonna be a home made box to make that happen but it will be something to see...

-qs

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
one of my friends said he has put mostly 2 10s in these, but a few of them he has put 3 10s. there isnt much space but i seen in the new truckin magazine there are wo trucks with them behind the seat. so you are saying the kickers are going to sound better? they will be pushed by an older kicker zr1000 amp

Attachments

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
yes, the cvr's will outshine the other ones...

that amp is too powerful for two CVR's though...

they can only handle 300watts RMS a piece and that amp is rated at 500wattsRMS x 2 @ 2ohms...

if you do run the cvr's, your gonna have to turn your gain towards the min.

if you wanna keep searching for subs:

from the looks of it your gonna need a driver with no more then 6" mounting depth... there's not too mnay good subs out there that fall into that category... you might wanna try about 4 IDMAX or RE 8's... in the right enclosure, they will sound off...

-qs

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 8 2005, 07:54 PM~3778724
those two subs arent in the same class bro... your comparing Massive's top end subs to kickers mediocre subs...
she didnt specify at the time :)

and from my experience the DMX's are louder on a mic and for daily than the L7's they are more power hungry though

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
just go with 2 and give them gove air space

oh also go with massive audio

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
To say the DMX's will stomp all over the L7's ....is an understatement :)

I put almost 3k to my DMX prototype DAILY and it just laughs at it. And they're about 3 times the cost of one 10" L7. But well worth it if you wanna drop the cash on it.

They're not really popular because basically not many has even heard of them, much less even seen one in person. But they do whop the hell out of an L7 ;) ... and if anyone who's own an L7 thinks they're power hogs, the DMX is way worse (but thats the way its designed, to take an obscene amout of power)

For a video of my DMX and box build for my jeep, click HERE to view it from the realm of excursion website.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
how much do they go for?

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
DMX's can be purchased from anywhere between 600-800 .. and not too many dealers ive run across online, which is weird considering they're from LA.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
those massives have a stricking resemblance to RE subwoofers... kinda like the XXX's before they remade them...

but anyways, back to the thread's topic; the kicker compvr will outdo the massive comps... now dont go saying "no it wont, if you put it in a 3cuft box ported it'll womp the cvr"... realized that for her application, she's going sealed mostlikely and there isnt alot of room to get crunk with.... and even so, i think the cvr would spit on the massive comps ported too...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Snoopdan.....
I always thought Visoniks were suppose to be junk, like next to parymid quality. Did you Snoopdan really win all those trophies with that Visonik amp? Just courious so please dont get offended !

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by lowsammy@Sep 10 2005, 08:03 PM~3789553
Snoopdan.....
I always thought Visoniks were suppose to be junk, like next to parymid quality. Did you Snoopdan really win all those trophies with that Visonik amp?  Just courious so please dont get offended !
the Visonik 4000d is a beast of an amp especially at 16-17v :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts