LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How should I determine this information, every company that I talk to has diffrent Cylinders... so they have diffrent ratings. Examples:

Dealer 1: Max PSI: 185

Dealer 2: Max PSI: 240

Dealer 3: Max PSI: 300

Now, from that info, how do i know what PSI i need to get a full extension on these Cans?

Because these Max PSI's are so diffrent, I do not know what Compressor or Pressure Switch to go with.

Thoughts?
 

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
Joined
·
14,255 Posts
those look to be just ratings on how much they can handle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i'm thinking... so how would I know at what PSI I will get a full extension?
I call a couple of these places and either 1. They don't know what it would be, or 2. they say "it all depends on the weight of the car" which i understand that, however they can at LEAST give me a round-about number :uh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got actual info from:
Dealer 3: Max PSI: 300

Full Extension will be around 150PSI... if extra weight added, the PSI will be higher.

So, if I go with the Viair 450, the Max is 150 PSI... which may not get me a full extension...
so my only choice would have to be the Viair 380 with a 200 PSI rating. Correct?

Or would I be able to pull off the 450 @150psi?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
Originally posted by integraoligist@Sep 20 2005, 12:11 PM~3850123
Just got actual info from:
Dealer 3: Max PSI: 300

Full Extension will be around 150PSI... if extra weight added, the PSI will be higher.

So, if I go with the Viair 450, the Max is 150 PSI... which may not get me a full extension...
so my only choice would have to be the Viair 380 with a 200 PSI rating.  Correct?

Or would I be able to pull off the 450 @150psi?
I think you can run a 450 at 200 psi. The pressure switch determines how high the compressor runs. The question then becomes how much will you shortent the life of the 450 by running it to 50 psi over its recommended maximum? It also requires you to compare the CFM that the 450 vs. 380 will flow at 200 psi. Neither one will blow your mind I'm sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, from their site i've gatherd this info:

380
Max Duty Cycle: 100% @ 100psi
@140 psi CFM=.6
Max Working Pressure: 200psi

450
Max Duty Cycle: 100% @ 100psi
@140 psi CFM=.76
Max Working Pressure: 150psi
Max Restart Pressure: 200psi

Couple questions...
1. what is the "Max Restart Pressure"?
2. what is the CFM?
3. what is the Max Duty Pressure for?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by integraoligist@Sep 20 2005, 07:52 PM~3852832
ok, from their site i've gatherd this info:

380
Max Duty Cycle: 100% @ 100psi
@140 psi CFM=.6
Max Working Pressure: 200psi

450
Max Duty Cycle: 100% @ 100psi
@140 psi CFM=.76
Max Working Pressure: 150psi
Max Restart Pressure: 200psi

Couple questions...
1. what is the "Max Restart Pressure"?
2. what is the CFM?
3. what is the Max Duty Pressure for?
from what i understand, the larger the CFM number, the better...i cant remember EXACTLY what it measures, but i know the higher that number, the faster your tank fills up...

Max Duty Cycle means the max PSI the compressor will run at 100% duty...for both compressors, the max psi they will run at 100%duty is 100psi...

MAX working pressure is like the max recommended pressure to run the compressors at... for the 450, the max recommended psi to run it at is 150psi, and 200 psi for the 380

-qs
 

·
Asspirating Poster
Joined
·
3,677 Posts
CFM stands for "cubic feet per minute".

So .6 CMFs means the 380 compressor moves .6 (60%) of 1 cubic foot of air per minute at 140 PSI. It goes up marginally at lower pressures, and it goes down marginally at higher pressures.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
CFM - Cubic Feet per Minute. This is a measure of how much air the compressor is blowing in to the tank. Yes. The higher the better. CFM will go down as the pressure inside the tank goes up. Those VIAIR charts should reflect that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i gotcha on all of them... except, the "Max Restart Pressure: 200psi"
Is that referring to restarting the compressor at 200psi? that would'nt make any sence since the max psi for the compreassor is only 150psi.

?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,596 Posts
:uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :burn: :burn: :burn: :burn:

it really burns me when people dont lisen to what you tell them and turn around and ask it again
 

·
Asspirating Poster
Joined
·
3,677 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Sep 20 2005, 09:03 PM~3854599
:uh:  :uh:  :uh:  :uh:  :uh:  :uh:  :uh:  :uh:  :uh:  :uh:  :guns:  :guns:  :guns:  :guns:  :guns:  :guns:  :burn:  :burn:  :burn:  :burn:

it really burns me when people dont lisen to what you tell them and turn around and ask it again
LOL

Don't have kids...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"Max Duty Cycle" and "Max Working Pressure" were answered.... what "Max Retart Pressure" is has yet to be defined.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top