LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys and gals, i just got all my new speakers and subs today and i have no school or work tommorrow so im gonna put them in and build a box for the subs. in the kicker manual it says to go for 2.0 cu ft for SQ which is what i want. what dimensions do i need for a box with 2-12s. is there anyformulas to get the volume?

·
Registered
871 Posts
You have to take into account the displacement of the subs, but the formula is LxWxH / 1728

that will give you cubic feet.

·
Registered
304 Posts
go to kicker.com and find your sub on the site. they will have the driver information listed below (eg, sub displacement/volume)

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
HMMMMMMMMMMM

I just bought a box off of ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=14945

and on their it says its 2.9 cubic foot

I did that lil

LxWxH / 1728

which is

27.75x18x17.5 = 8741.25/1728 = 5.05 Cubic foot (using the bottom width of 18")

27.75x12.5x17.5 = 6070.3125/1728 = 3.51 Cubic foot (using the top width of 12.5")

Which ones correct and why is their site wrong?

:dunno:

·
Registered
304 Posts
You should have gone to math class ;) j/p

My calculations say that box is 3.25 cf before sub and port displacement. With that design you can't figure out the internal volume by just multiplying length width and height. There's more to it, but I dont feel like explaining...there site is right though, and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
Originally posted by beatbox@Sep 17 2003, 04:53 PM

My calculations say that box is 3.25 cf before sub and port displacement. With that design you can't figure out the internal volume by just multiplying length width and height. There's more to it, but I dont feel like explaining...there site is right though, and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask
Thanks DUDE :cool:

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
Originally posted by beatbox@Sep 17 2003, 04:53 PM

Maybe you can help...

CLICK http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?a...99011ee9b13e150

1 - 8 of 8 Posts