LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wtf hapened... one of my dumps melted.. and its almost brand new.... just a copple of weeks...? its one of the dumps for the accumulator kit from prohopper...

[attachmentid=245469]

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry for the big pic!

Heres the car by the way!
[attachmentid=245485]

another[attachmentid=245486]

In front of mine is my homies bonneville.. awsome painjob.. done it all by himself
[attachmentid=245497]

Attachments

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by SERIOUSHYDROS@Aug 15 2005, 07:29 PM~3628646
lOOKS MORE LIKE A DEFECTIVE DUMP COIL. THOSE ONES FOR THE ACCUMS ARE SUPPOSED TO STAY ON ARENT THEY. ANYWAY IF IT CAME FROM PROHOPPER I WOULD CALL THEM UP AND SEE WHAT THEY CAN DO FOR YOU
they should only be on while hopping or hitting the switches... they arent meant to stay on continously

·
Member # 1,077
22,645 Posts
thats a 12v dump dude. did you hook that up to 24 volts like the rest of your dumps? i had the same problem, but just swelling, my dumps still work fine

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Naw .. they have their own circuit... same as the rest of the car... 12v .. this was the first time I tried them...
I shut the dumps of and was hoppin..... I meen chippin :uh: and then it started to smell burnt so i pulled my disconnect.. and one dumpcoil was swollen..
it was on for about 5-10 minutes.. mabye it isn´t suposed to be on for that long ?? it still works though but this one gets hot instantly... not the rest.

Too bad prohopper is on the other side of the atlantic... way too long shipping time for just a coil.. I have new ones at work.. _(luckally I work at an hydraulics company) :biggrin:

·
Registered
984 Posts
my rear switch was sticking thats it checck your switches my 2 rear dump coils look similar not as bad though

·
Registered
8,400 Posts
I SEEN THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO MY HOMIES CAR BUT HE WAS SITTING ON THE SWITCH WHAT A DUMB ASS :twak: :roflmao:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts