LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put hydraulics on an benz??
Any good links??
is it possible with that front suspension??

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
not quite sure as to what set up your benz has in the front mine was easy to do it took all of a day to juice

·
Registered
9,793 Posts

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by cor3ypwnsyou690@Dec 26 2003, 12:47 AM
hmm not to be rude or something but why would u want to juice that kind of car?
because they can :uh:

·
Banned
49,003 Posts
Originally posted by MbStar@Dec 25 2003, 04:45 PM
Anyone put hydraulics on an benz??
Any good links??
is it possible with that front suspension??

seen a coupe in germany.

Last edited by the_cat at Dec 26 2003, 05:39 AM

·
Registered
197 Posts
how do make the wheels fit ? as far as i remember there are no wheels with a benz bolt pattern !? adaptor ??

·
Registered
494 Posts
MAN THATS KOOL.......I'D ROLL IT!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"CadiCoupe" Benz and old fords has thesame boltpattern..

Would love to trade my Benz for an impala 63 2d ht..
dosent need to have hydraulics if its in good shape.

anyone?

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
Originally posted by cor3ypwnsyou690@Dec 25 2003, 10:47 PM
hmm not to be rude or something but why would u want to juice that kind of car?
the reason we juice that kinda car is unfortunately impalas caddys etc are hard to come by over here so we have to make due with what we have got ,i would love a 63 drop top impala but for a good 1 over here you would have to ship 1 from the states ,which is a tad expensive so we have to use what we have got and besides i think a juiced benz is cool

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
Originally posted by Cadi Coupe@Dec 26 2003, 01:57 PM
how do make the wheels fit ? as far as i remember there are no wheels with a benz bolt pattern !? adaptor ??
i just hitt up homeboyz n said ive got a benz he sent the wheels they bolted on easy as that :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
na i didnt take any build up pics ,but it was extremely easy to juice ,i run 8" strokes in the rear coil under on the original cut down coils ,all you have to do in the rear is to cut the holes for the cyls ,real easy took around 30 mins to mount the cyls then had to measure coils etc ,the rear still runs all the original shocks anti sway bar etc ,the hardest bit on the rear was the arh lips to get the rear to tuck without rubbing ,the front was just as easy remove the original coil and theres even a hole for the cyl just where you need it used the same method as the rear although i want to change the front for a coil over set up as the top of the cyl hitts the inner wing also the hose runs close to the top of the shock ,ive got 8s up front although after market coils would be better suited than the stds but i built the car on a real tight budget just for a daily driver ,im not sure if the susp set up is the same on your model benz as mine but im sure they are similar ,the way its set up it gives a very good ride not much stiffer than a std ride except it now goes up and down ,mine runs 2 old fenner pumps with 3 batts wired for 36v ,its no dancer or hopper by a long way but like i said its a daily ride and i still needed boot space for the kids strollers etc ,1 word of warning tho the rear end uses a irs set up so be very carefull with the cyl size as to not kill your driveshafts ,if you have got any more questions or would like a few tech pics hitt me up on a pm n il sort you out :) oh theres more pics on cardomain

·
Registered
9,793 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello,

I have a 71 250CE that I juiced last summer. I've hardly been out in it because I didn't do any reinforcing, and theres still loads of rust\mechanics to be sorted. Working away at it ever so slowly but there'll be a big push to have it cleaned up by May. Took me about 5 weeks to do,mostly eve's n w\e. 2 Pump, 4 Dump, Not sure if it's 6"s or 8"s. Built rack for 6 batts, running 4 (2 x24v) to ease into it. Decided that I need the pumps shoved into the corners so I can fit 4 subs in the trunk. Thats next, then to the bodyshop and beyond. No money, so I'm doing as much myself as I can. Have a few build pics, not much, but will post when I get organised (so expect not to see any).

StevieD - what happenned your 80's CE? Or is that your 'Real' lowrider?

Lowmerc (Ronán)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
my plan was to do a lowrider on my 250s -66
but i think it would brake.
I have the pro competition 2pump system..

1 - 20 of 66 Posts