LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first attempt with an airbrush I mixed my own paint nothing special but I would like some input I know the entire model isn't painted but I am just messing around with the air brush for now. Let me know what I need to work on or tips to make things better/easier

And just remember this is my first time behind a airbrush let me know what you all think

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
looks like you'd be able to do some good fade jobs :thumbsup:

the picture quality does you no justice what-so-ever though man. cant really tell if that is blue or black if its glossy or not :dunno:

looks like you have potential from what can be made out in those pics though.

what paints did you use and what airbrush ect.....

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just have the testors Airbrush. I used Testors Silver Gloss and Testors Flat black. it is suppose to be a some what sparkly gray I am not sure what I was trying to get but I just wanted to use the airbrush since it has been sitting in the box since i bought it a couple days ago. Let me run something passed anyone. I was thinking of making a Tahoe smuggler. with a 96 Skill one model kit and making it a hopper or dance. just an idea I have rolling around

Last edited by PiK at Sep 3 2003, 11:01 PM

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
go for it! if you put your mind to it then it should come out good.

which testors you got? the one with the brush and hose that goes to the can or the one that is right on top of the can?

either way, damn good....... i could never get any results from those things :ugh: lol

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is the one with the hose that goes to the can. I have seen a lot of models on here since I registered. Makes me kind of intimidated. BUt then I realized all of the people here are here for input and encouragement, unless you are talking shit I noticed. I could possibly bring my own style to this board and end up helping others

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
lol, i only talk shit once in awhile giving people a hard time all in fun. nothing really harmful, just stuff to keep it interesting around here ;)

if someones stuff is good i tell them it's good, if it's not then i will tell them it's not but in a nice manner. most of the stuff on here though is satisfactory and up.

i'm here to help as much as i can. that is the whole reason i am here. i have better things i could be doing or need to be doing but i'm here helping and having fun with you all instead. :biggrin:

you do run into a few bad apples around here though unfortunatly but what can ya do :dunno: lol

you seem pretty cool so far, cant wait to see what all you can do :thumbsup:
its always nice to see fresh faces, but along with that you get some annoying ones too. you will start to notice this yourself. lol

well, imma head to bed, gotta work at 3am :ugh:

take it easy and keep us posted. :wave:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Man, Working at 3am that sounds pretty rough but if you are used to it I am sure it doesn't phase you at all. I am going to slowly get into modding my models, Actually My girl friend and I are building models as a hobby for the both of us. This seems like a pretty cool place so far. I read the boards all day while I am at work and have down time. I still have not made it all the way through but I have learned so much in the little I have read. It is nice to see people on a forum that are here and willing to help with out smart ass responses all the time. I can see myself spending a lot of time on this forum learning and hopefully sometime help others

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sure will, we are still working on getting used to everything that is involved with modeling we have busted out some real easy ones, she likes those dub city ones but we are going to start getting into some more detailed models and mods. but hey you gotta get to bed so get to gettin. later

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I first started airbrushing back in 1991. And what I have learned is that the air supply is a very important issue when it comes to airbrushing. You must have the right pressure for the airbrush, which you are using. I have used Pashe, badger, Iwata and Azteck airbrushes and they all need different air pressure. Even airbrushes of the same brand need different air pressure such as an Iwata-H vs. an Iwata-HPC. I don’t know where you are getting your air from if you are using a compressor you will need a moisture trap because you don’t want water to get in the air hose and mess up the way the paint flows. Also if you are using a compressor you might need to have an air tank so the airbrush doesn’t receive its air directly from the compressor. Depending on the airbrush, if you get the air straight from the compressor you might get a spitting effect when you paint. Because compressors have pistons the airflow is not constant, that is why an air tank is needed for a steady airflow.
The best advice is to practice painting with different air pressure and different paint consistency. You may need to thin your paints. And always heat up your model paint before you spray. Warm paint always flows better then cold paint.
Also the distance between the airbrush and the canvas or model car is very important and also varies.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have never heard of any of those airbrushes. They sound expensive, I am just starting out trying to get all this straightened out. thanks for the advice I will keep it in mind when I start spraying models for real to post up here and show you all what I can do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts