LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Oct 17 2003, 12:39 PM
Those would look so tight polished......

where do most guys (& GIRLS) plumb these in?? before or after the slow down???
RIGHT BEFORE THE TANK.

·
Registered
43 Posts
og caddy i probaly don't know more than you but i just want people to know i am not some little kid trying to burn people i would be inetrested and sharing my knowledge with you og caddy i am a lowrider my self and i want to see people with this stuff in their cars and i know how hard it is to come by sorry for sounding like i was being an asshole in the forum ;)

·
Registered
971 Posts
aircraft_dump_man, do you have any picture of say aircraft dumps and checks as well. i have a buddy in the navy getting me these and would like to see what to expect

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by aircraft_dump_man@Oct 17 2003, 02:39 PM
og caddy i probaly don't know more than you but i just want people to know i am not some little kid trying to burn people i would be inetrested and sharing my knowledge with you og caddy i am a lowrider my self and i want to see people with this stuff in their cars and i know how hard it is to come by sorry for sounding like i was being an asshole in the forum ;)
Its all good. PM me your number and I will get up with you sometime.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Oct 17 2003, 02:34 PM
OG you got a pic of one taking apart??

what kind of filter, mesh, net, magnetis, replaceable, washable... I'm very interested....

I'm assuming you just unscrew the end and clean the filter with varsol or something....
I got some right here with me at work, I will break one down today and take pics of it, so you can see the inside and all the parts.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Oct 21 2003, 04:04 PM
they look like the K&N washable air filters... OG, you think their washable or do you just replace them????

Good pics, thanx so much..
Pretty sure they are replaceable. The washable filters are made of a fine metal mesh.
Not certain, but think you can use either. ogcaddy will be able to verify that.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Oct 21 2003, 07:04 PM
they look like the K&N washable air filters... OG, you think their washable or do you just replace them????

Good pics, thanx so much..
I have replacement elements, but at the same time, I dont think they will ever need replaced.

I am getting some bad ass filters that have a stainless steel element, and they have a button on top that pops out when they need cleaning.

On a lowrider hydraulic setup there will probably never be any need to clean the filters, there is not going to be enough flow to clog them. These filters are used on systems that run off of the airplane engines oil, and are constantly being used most aircraft pumps that ended up on lowriders run off of 60wt aircraft engine oil that is pumped straight from the same tank the engine uses for its internal lubricant, that is keeping in mind we are talking about Pesco pumps that were used as prop feathering pumps, rather than the other kinds of pumps that were used in landing gear systems which used hydraulic fluid, and had their own dedicated tanks.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Oct 22 2003, 10:38 AM
THANX FOR THE INFO, I'LL DEF HOOK YOU UP WHEN I NEED SOME, (caplocks, oops)

Hopefully soon,

I'll let you know when I get my new pumps, cause I might go 3 pumps so I'll need 3 filters, I'll wait till then to buy..

thanx OG, you can always get those right????
I can get them whenever. I can get parts from this supply house that has 10 warehouses full of aircraft parts. Very big place, and really good guys to deal with.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Originally posted by Mikeb62@Oct 21 2003, 07:05 AM
aircraft_dump_man, do you have any picture of say aircraft dumps and checks as well. i have a buddy in the navy getting me these and would like to see what to expect
Mikeb62,

I got two of these hydro aire #8's from aircarft_dump_man.
These are in excellent shape. Well worth the money.

·
Registered
971 Posts
lowpoke,
thanks for the pictures. now i know what to expect. my neighbor is getting me 4 dumps and 4 filters for a 12 pack of beer..

41 - 60 of 60 Posts