LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys. My friend had to remove his airbag set-up inorder to pay off some tickets. He was wondering since his axel sits very high (he never c-notched the frame), is it safe that he does not have bump stops? Currently he has a 3" front drop, and a 5" rear drop. I recomended that he drill in a hole in the frame for a flatter bumpstop, just so he's not hitting metal to metal if he should hit a bump. But he says he would like a professional opinion about this. Thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
upper bumpstop??

i wouldnt worry to much about the upper stop, it would take a big ass crater to compress the suspension that much

and how frequently do you hit big ass craters?

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Nov 30 2003, 05:28 PM
upper bumpstop??

i wouldnt worry to much about the upper stop, it would take a big ass crater to compress the suspension that much

and how frequently do you hit big ass craters?
yeah, upper bumpstops.
lol, thanks Big Dan.

Last edited by whyn at Nov 30 2003, 05:33 PM

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
:biggrin:

for real though, how much clearance is there between the axle and the frame?

if its real close, you may indeed want to run bumpstops.

a 5" rear drop takes some travel out of it as it is

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Nov 30 2003, 05:49 PM

I finally got a hold of him, he said it was about a good 2 to about 3 fingers worth of space. I've told him to keep in consideration of the bumpstops too. He still wants an experts opinion as always.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by whyn+Nov 30 2003, 09:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (whyn @ Nov 30 2003, 09:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--bigdanmcintosh@Nov 30 2003, 05:49 PM

I finally got a hold of him, he said it was about a good 2 to about 3 fingers worth of space. I've told him to keep in consideration of the bumpstops too. He still wants an experts opinion as always.[/b][/quote]
thats not much space...
thikngs gotta ride like a brick no?

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he says that it feels too stiff and he thinks the axel is knocking on the frame already.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My friend just had a thought and wanted some opinions about this. Since his axel rides very high, he was wondering if a pair of Air Shocks would help smoothen out the suspension in the rear. He's not trying to lift or lower, I REPEAT HE IS NOT TRYING TO LIFT OR LOWER the rear of the truck, he just wants to stop it from riding like a brick (so to speak).

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thnax for pointing my airhead friend in the right direcetion. He's notching the frame. :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts