LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to pick the mids and highs im going to be useing. So far im thinking of going with some Image Dynamics CXS6 , does anyone have a better choice for super clean sounding mids and highs? i need something that can handle at least 150w rms

·
Registered
411 Posts
Image Dynamics speakers sound really good. From the others that i have heard, i liked are Diamond Audio Hex Series, a/d/s and Focal. I have heard that Scanspeak and Dynaudio speakers are excellent also. I used to like Mb Quart before I heard any of those other speakers and realized what i was missing. :cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Focal and Dynaudio are the best sounding speakers in my opinion. Images are nice too but I personally like the first two better.

Now back a couplee of years ago I wouldve said a/d/s without a doubt but from what Ive read there quality has gone down a little bit.
-sasap

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Rainbow if you got the money, Focal or Dynaudio, I agree, Diamond if you wanna go baller budget, A/D/S I do not know about anymore. If you are gonna go ID, you need some type of Equalization. If I could, I would go with USD for sure, there Waveguides virtually need no Equalization, and there subs and Mids are really nice.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66@Jul 29 2005, 12:46 PM
Rainbow if you got the money, Focal or Dynaudio, I agree, Diamond if you wanna go baller budget, A/D/S  I do not know about anymore.  If you are gonna go ID, you need some type of Equalization.  If I could, I would go with USD for sure, there Waveguides virtually need no Equalization, and there subs and Mids are really nice.
[snapback]3504925[/snapback]​
Waveguides are far beyond the average user on this forum. Diamond Hex components are awesome.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66@Jul 29 2005, 12:54 PM
Yeah, thought I would throw that out, but those are some nice speakers, better then my ID comps
[snapback]3504970[/snapback]​
They are, but they're ungodly expensive.

·
* MODERATOR*
8,025 Posts
Originally posted by CustomKid69@Jul 29 2005, 10:08 PM
You owenestly don't think Kappa is up ther with Diamond Hex's?
[snapback]3507155[/snapback]​
Well that all depends...
I assumed you were speaking of Infinity Kappa...
Maybe you were referring to Eminence Kappa Speakers...
Thats what I "owenestly" assumed... :cheesy:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66@Aug 1 2005, 11:02 AM
Infinity Kappa's are no way near the HEX series from Diamond Audio, but maybe the lower series, with the aluminum cones.
[snapback]3519613[/snapback]​
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66@Aug 1 2005, 08:02 AM
Infinity Kappa's are no way near the HEX series from Diamond Audio, but maybe the lower series, with the aluminum cones.
[snapback]3519613[/snapback]​
Thats all i wanted to know, thank you for your imput, that HEX model is the top of the line from Diamond Audio correct?

WOuld you say that is the best buy for Around $300 for the components? (ebay)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts