LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am looking into lacing my 97 deville with a phat ass system. Got the 15's ready to go. Just want to know what is the best brand for mids and highs? i want them to scream! should i get the component set or buy them seperate?

My car calls for

Dash- 4''x6''
Front Door- 5-1/4''
Rear Door- 5-1/4''

and I already have my 6x9's

help me out homies!

are the 5-1/4'' speakers the little tweeters?? it looks to me like the component sets come with them? i was looking at infinity and JL's

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
You are kidding right. Come on man, go to a Car audio place and talk with a guy about stereo components so that you do not get plastered in the head when it is time to buy.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
i got a kicker resolution 6.5" component set and it sounds perfect but its got a 350 watt kenwood runnin em too. they come with nice ass crossovers. they run about 400 a set new. i know they make the same set in 5 1/4" too.

·
Registered
970 Posts
i like both jl and infinity but dude... infinity is the way to go ...trust me im runnin em off a punch 200 and its very loud and clear

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok what do you guys think about these infinitys? this is the component set. Will this be wise for mids and highs? for the price i might have to get them. Lemme know??

should i get these??

i need them for my front 2 doors and my back 2 so therefore i will have to order 2 boxes of them. But what I want to know is will they scream?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
they will but having them in the front and back doors is going overboard. id buy a set for the front and for the back get the same thing only not a component set just the 5 1/4" speakers

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
man im not sayin it would sound like shit but goto any stereo shop and they will tell you only to get one component set i dont care what you got for subs. get just the regular speakers for the back they still have a high and mid just no crossover.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I have an all Infinity system in my 96 deville and it is one of the cleanest systems that i have heard and it gets loud too ;)

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
I'm not even gonna get started on this whole mids + highs thing cuz I will be here forever.....L8

1 - 13 of 13 Posts