LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok can any one describe what they think the description of a bike in the MILD catagory is? i already know what the book says but what do yu consider a MILD class bike is?
from what the book says it is ONE MAJOR body mod. ok so if the tank on the bike is done that's one, but now if you cut off the center post what do you consider that makes the bike? the book says that if you cut it off, that is a MILD modification, if you replace it with something that is a MAJOR modification, the book also say's that it takes TWO MILD modifications to make a MAJOR. ok so here it is is a bike with a cut out seat post(not replaced) and a molded tank considered a MILD or is it bumped up into the SEMI-CUSTOM catagory? what do you think? after a while i'll tell you what the shit head judges at lowrider consider it. :angry:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
if the tank is one major mod and 1 minor equls 1/2 of a major, then thats like saying you put 1 1/2 major mods on your bike. Just think about it. it isnt that complicated.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by lukedogg@Aug 27 2003, 05:27 PM
if the tank is one major mod and 1 minor equls 1/2 of a major, then thats like saying you put 1 1/2 major mods on your bike. Just think about it. it isnt that complicated.
so what do you think does that 1/2 bumps you up or stay in that class? i say it should stay.

mild is one major mod
semi-custom is two majors

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Originally posted by wimone+Aug 27 2003, 03:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wimone @ Aug 27 2003, 03:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--lukedogg@Aug 27 2003, 05:27 PM
so what do you think does that 1/2 bumps you up or stay in that class? i say it should stay.

mild is one major mod
semi-custom is two majors[/b][/quote]
it should bump you up. Just like they teach you in school, if it is 5 or over, round it up.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by lukedogg+Aug 27 2003, 07:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lukedogg @ Aug 27 2003, 07:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 27 2003, 03:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--lukedogg
@Aug 27 2003, 05:27 PM

mild is one major mod
semi-custom is two majors
it should bump you up. Just like they teach you in school, if it is 5 or over, round it up.[/b][/quote]
ok, that is true but if you read the rules written by LRM is specifically states 2 milds make a major.
and the book also says 2 MAJORS make the SEMI-CUSTOM class
i'm no idiot i understand common sence......... but hey if the rules written are written, then they need to be followed.
just like the electricity thing, how could a entrant win sweepstakes that hasn't paid for electricity, when everyone else has? what's right is right...

·
Registered
483 Posts
Cutting out the seat post is one major mod so yeah it will boost you up its like if u had just cut out the seat post and did nothing you would be in "Mild" and not "Street custom."

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by __Bosha__@Aug 28 2003, 12:02 AM
Cutting out the seat post is one major mod so yeah it will boost you up its like if u had just cut out the seat post and did nothing you would be in "Mild" and not "Street custom."
no, if you cut out the seat post it is considered a mild
if you REPLACE IT then it becomes a major

i'm not making this up read the LRM rule book for 2003

·
Registered
483 Posts
Originally posted by wimone+Aug 27 2003, 09:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wimone @ Aug 27 2003, 09:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--__Bosha__@Aug 28 2003, 12:02 AM

i'm not making this up read the LRM rule book for 2003[/b][/quote]
Read....

STREET CUSTOM: A bicycle with no frame modification. (This includes store-bought bikes with no bondo or modifications on frame.)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Ok...Where do you guys find these rules at? Could anyone tell me where I could find these rules at? is there a web site or anything like that? I am planning on starting to build my daughter a bike and I want to know what the classes are and what not.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Lowrider Mag sucks, the company is way to commercial. lowrider even has calling cards under there name.

anyways you can all the rules on there website its posted.

·
Registered
483 Posts
hey u guys were right cutting the seat post pipe is a "minor" mod but its also a scam becuase if you happen to go with a stock bike and a cut out seat post pipe they will put you in mild so so to be mild all you can do is fill in the front taank because an other minor mod is the thing behind the seat post but becuase of that little thing being bondoed they brought that trike "Once in a blue moon" Up to full custom and not in Semi

-here are the rules-

Minor Bike/Trike Modifications: Examples: capping area behind seat, capping frame near crank, removal of center pipe, 2 stage paint, bolt-on seat, etc.

Major Bike/Trike Modifications: Examples: tanks, replacing center pipe, welded or molded skirts, custom paint (3 stage), custom upholstered seat, etc.

Classifications Bicycles and Trikes are classified by the number of frame modifications. Two minor frame modifications equal one major modification.

ORIGINAL: Completely original or restored bicycle with no modifications.

STREET CUSTOM: A bicycle with no frame modification. (This includes store-bought bikes with no bondo or modifications on frame.)

MILD CUSTOM: A bicycle with one major modification or less on the frame, custom upholstery, custom paint, aftermarket parts and a few custom parts. (Custom handlebars, forks, pedals, etc.)

SEMI CUSTOM: A bicycle or trike with two (2) major modifications on the frame and custom upholstery, etc.

FULL CUSTOM: A bicycle or trike with at least three (3) major modifications on the frame and custom upholstery, custom paint, etc.

RADICAL CUSTOM: A bicycle or trike with at least five (5) modifications on the frame with custom upholstery, custom paint and handcrafted custom parts

All classifications will be up to the judge. All judging will be done on the actual bike or trike from wheel to wheel, limiting the amount of points on accessories such as trailers. Protesting will only be allowed on the question of operability of the bike or trike.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
What really pisses me off about Lowrider Magazine is the fact that they include riced out cars, like the August 2003 (only issue I got, they cost $15 a piece in Australia) they have that fugly Focus and that "Hottie 1" civic piece of trash. They could of put some fine rides or women in it, like 5 pages of model search instead of 2, or another sweet ride like that dark blue `63 from Mexico in there. Can anyone in the states provide me a site that sells US magazines cheap and will ship out overseas?

:puffin:

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by __Bosha__+Aug 30 2003, 04:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (__Bosha__ @ Aug 30 2003, 04:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 27 2003, 09:19 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--__Bosha__
@Aug 28 2003, 12:02 AM

i'm not making this up read the LRM rule book for 2003
Read....

STREET CUSTOM: A bicycle with no frame modification. (This includes store-bought bikes with no bondo or modifications on frame.)[/b][/quote]
ok, i ment semi- custom not street. and like the rules say in the book, 2 milds make a major. so there for the book is setting the standard. not what you learned in school. you read, the rules say it all. it's just too bad that everyone that showed this year got jacked and didn't even know it.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by __Bosha__@Aug 30 2003, 09:14 PM
hey u guys were right cutting the seat post pipe is a "minor" mod but its also a scam becuase if you happen to go with a stock bike and a cut out seat post pipe they will put you in mild so so to be mild all you can do is fill in the front taank because an other minor mod is the thing behind the seat post but becuase of that little thing being bondoed they brought that trike "Once in a blue moon" Up to full custom and not in Semi

-here are the rules-

Minor Bike/Trike Modifications: Examples: capping area behind seat, capping frame near crank, removal of center pipe, 2 stage paint, bolt-on seat, etc.

Major Bike/Trike Modifications: Examples: tanks, replacing center pipe, welded or molded skirts, custom paint (3 stage), custom upholstered seat, etc.

Classifications Bicycles and Trikes are classified by the number of frame modifications. Two minor frame modifications equal one major modification.

ORIGINAL: Completely original or restored bicycle with no modifications.

MILD CUSTOM: A bicycle with one major modification or less on the frame, custom upholstery, custom paint, aftermarket parts and a few custom parts. (Custom handlebars, forks, pedals, etc.)

SEMI CUSTOM: A bicycle or trike with two (2) major modifications on the frame and custom upholstery, etc.

FULL CUSTOM: A bicycle or trike with at least three (3) major modifications on the frame and custom upholstery, custom paint, etc.

RADICAL CUSTOM: A bicycle or trike with at least five (5) modifications on the frame with custom upholstery, custom paint and handcrafted custom parts

All classifications will be up to the judge. All judging will be done on the actual bike or trike from wheel to wheel, limiting the amount of points on accessories such as trailers. Protesting will only be allowed on the question of operability of the bike or trike.
oh my bad i didn't see this part!!!

peace!!!
:cool:

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
see now you all get it, how can you build a bike to a certain specification, according to the guide lines and then at the last minute be told that every thing you did was wrong and for something else.

also here's the other catch. when judge places you in what catagory he feels your in, he will not tell you, you have will have to wait till the awards are being given out and then when you realize what has happened they tell you "OH YOU SHOULD HAVE ENTERED A PROTEST ($50.00) BEFORE 3 PM" well how the hell are you going to protest when you don't know you have issue's.

i got bumped up and didn't even know it and if i would have known i would have protested all day long. because i took second in a higher class to a bike that had a non working hydro set up( they didn't even bring the pump) and he didn't even pay the $25.00 for electricity.

the bottom line is LRM judges suck **** and if a company ever wanted to make people not come back and participate there doing a very good job.

HEY!!!! want to hear something funny, ANACONDA-63 thought he beat EVIL-63 but he didn't EVIL-63 was on display as an exibition car, ANACONDA had no competition in SF. so far ANACONDA has officilally lost to STRICTLY BUSINESS and now they won't let strictly compete at the shows. and that came right out of the owners mouth(strictly business
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Originally posted by __Bosha__@Aug 31 2003, 10:05 AM
I say you talk to some one and buy u the mags and u send them a money order with shippin included and they send it to you...
Might end up paying the exact amount I do now if I do it like that but I know what you mean, I was thinking about asking someone I know in New Mexico to do that for me, I don't know if I still will or not. Isn't there any discount magazine shops in the US> Or any discount magazine websites?

Cheers for the idea though :puffin:

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by __Bosha__@Aug 31 2003, 03:24 PM
Hey do u have any pictures of Anaconda as it looks now.. not any b4 pics ..... i also heard the guymade the car over is it true?
anaconda isn't that tight. it looks cool from a distance but when you get up close you see all the short cuts. i give the guy a lot of respect for what he did but i don't know about car of the year material. and unfortunatly i'm not the only one.

so pics? nah, not a one....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts