LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
~RIP BIG MIKE~
39,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want something thats is going to look real sick in the light i want it to dance you know i want the flake to fuck with peoples eyes lol but dont know what size flake to go? and any pics of mini amd jumbo flakes on cars??? any help would be cool :cool:

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Originally posted by 81 FLEETWOOD@Sep 1 2006, 09:13 PM~6089043
do people mix both up to a paint job?
what type of painting skills do you have? spray a black base coat then cover it in jumbo flakes, untill you don't see any black. cover with your choice of kandy color. clear on top of that. trust me people will fuckin' flip. if your goin' to have it done at a shop make sure your pockets are really deep. :biggrin:

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
I WONDERED THE SAME THING WHAT SIZE FLAKE IS ON THAT LIFESTYLE 64SS IN HOW MUCH FLAKE IS DONE FOR A ROOF TO BE FLAKED THE FUCK OUT :biggrin:

G

·
Originally posted by 214RIDERZ@Sep 2 2006, 05:49 AM~6090549
I WONDERED THE SAME THING WHAT SIZE FLAKE IS ON THAT LIFESTYLE 64SS IN HOW MUCH FLAKE IS DONE FOR A ROOF TO BE FLAKED THE FUCK OUT :biggrin:
Aladdin's paint is a very complex job. Its definately not for the inexperianced. And alot of the materials used on that car are not easily obtained anymore.

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by superdodge2196+Sep 2 2006, 04:58 AM~6090025-->
what type of painting skills do you have?
[/b]
none..other than bombcan and i lay that on too heavy!

<!--QuoteBegin-superdodge2196
@Sep 2 2006, 04:58 AM~6090025
  spray a black base coat then cover it in jumbo flakes, untill you don't see any black.  cover with your choice of kandy color.  clear on top of that.  trust me people will fuckin' flip.  if your goin' to have it done at a shop make sure your pockets are really deep. :biggrin:
it sounds easy enuff...

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
mini flake is better than jumbo in my opinion...........

they both give off a different look........

jumbo looks good in the bright lights of indoor car shows........

but i think mini blings and looks better in the sun.............

test panels are always a good idea to help you decide

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I too am a big fan of mini-flake........ it just gives you the most bling per squer inch. You can shoot it out of a standered 1.4 tip and burries easy too.

Jumbo in the other hand, does not give you as much bling, and you will need a larger tip, not to mention more clear, cuz burring those fuckers is a bitch.

But if you want to get the most bling bling you can get, then pick a color of flake. Lay down a metalic base of the same color first. Then mini-flake untill it looks flaked out....it won't take much. Then a coat or 2 of normal size flake ontop of the mini..... Trust me you will like all the blingedge

·
~RIP BIG MIKE~
39,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by Mi Estilo CC@Sep 4 2006, 12:47 PM~6100959
.  Then a coat or 2 of normal size flake ontop of the mini..... Trust me you will like all the blingedge
so theres a smaller size flake than mini?

·
Premium Member
18,358 Posts
Originally posted by 81 FLEETWOOD@Sep 1 2006, 03:11 AM~6084290
i want something thats is going to look real sick in the light i want it to dance you know i want the flake to fuck with peoples eyes lol but dont know what size flake to go? and any pics of mini amd jumbo flakes on cars??? any help would be cool :cool:
If you want it to "dance", go with miniflake. :cool:

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Originally posted by 81 FLEETWOOD@Sep 4 2006, 04:19 AM~6100019
so about 2  or 3 good coats of mini flake will be more than good huh??
If you can afford a painter that knows how to lay down a proper flake then go with the big flake. If not, then a mini flake is the way to go. Benny Flores and Sal Manzano will both tell you that big flake is the way to go.

One more thing, proper materials is a must. Not all flake is the same.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts