LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you guys that have been around here a long time, have probably already talked about this , many, many times,... Now I know, everybody builds the dancer chassis's the way we do, with the electric motors, fishing line, U-bars, and such, because it is an easy setup, and it works very well. But I have always wondered if it would be possible for somebody to build a chassis with actual operating miniature cylinders. Maybe either an air powered setup of some kind... maybe powered with a CO2 cartridge, with electric valves of some sort, or use the little motors to work a valve... or maybe even an actual fluid system of some kind, with possibly useing the little electric motors again, to drive a little pump, or to strike a piston or diaghfram or some shit. Just think how much pressure a simple little squirt gun makes. Probably wouldn't take much.... I know it's WAY more complicated than just that, but just wondered what you guys thoughts were on it.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Take a look back a few pages, there are a few links with discussions on this . THe hardest part would be the airbag

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
hmmm, where exactly do you plan on housing all this crap?? if you have pumps and valves and shit, it's not going to fit inside of a model car, you would have to have some kind of base to put everything in. that's why i don't think it would be very practical, since everything has to be external of the car itself.

btw, bags are easier to make

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
ok, they have these at toys r us, and if anything can carry everything it's this. It's 1/6 scale and is 26" long by 10"high and 10" wide. weighs 11 lbs.

I've also seen the mini cooper version of this. I found the price on the net to be between 75 and 100 bucks. depending on where it's from.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Maybe a basic water system could be built (I doubt using actual oil in a scenario like this would be a good idea) And after setting up a basic water system using syringes, then take it to a higher level trying things like motors and tanks (mini of course) All sounds sorta of far fetched, but thats how progress comes along. Very interesting...

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Originally posted by Bagged_Conti@Dec 25 2003, 06:20 AM
Maybe a basic water system could be built (I doubt using actual oil in a scenario like this would be a good idea) And after setting up a basic water system using syringes, then take it to a higher level trying things like motors and tanks (mini of course) All sounds sorta of far fetched, but thats how progress comes along. Very interesting...
i thought of using little water pumps, used on rc fire boats to shoot water. instead of using oil use water

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by ryans97s10@Dec 25 2003, 07:41 PM
cough legos numatic set cough
for a model they are far to big...BUT just because you said this im going to show off now :biggrin:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/216994
take a look at my site... ;)

also the model air plains use these little cylinders for dropping there wheels down...something to look into

Last edited by Mark at Dec 25 2003, 11:23 PM

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Originally posted by Mark+Dec 25 2003, 11:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mark @ Dec 25 2003, 11:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--ryans97s10@Dec 25 2003, 07:41 PM
for a model they are far to big...BUT just because you said this im going to show off now :biggrin:

also the model air plains use these little cylinders for dropping there wheels down...something to look into[/b][/quote]
bad ass by far.

i used one of the numatic sets along time ago with a friend but im sure theres a way to do it with a model. i just cant think of a big and light model. but n e ways mad props on that one and im gunna have to order that kit. sad thing is i dont think many people realize what this kit is. for every one who doesnt no its basiclly a air cylender kit made by lego it has a compressor air cylinders and tanks its pretty cool but i wanted to get the kit befor much was said. but hey im prolly wrong and its old news

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by ryans97s10+Dec 25 2003, 11:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ryans97s10 @ Dec 25 2003, 11:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 25 2003, 11:20 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--ryans97s10
@Dec 25 2003, 07:41 PM

also the model air plains use these little cylinders for dropping there wheels down...something to look into
bad ass by far.

i used one of the numatic sets along time ago with a friend but im sure theres a way to do it with a model. i just cant think of a big and light model. but n e ways mad props on that one and im gunna have to order that kit. sad thing is i dont think many people realize what this kit is. for every one who doesnt no its basiclly a air cylender kit made by lego it has a compressor air cylinders and tanks its pretty cool but i wanted to get the kit befor much was said. but hey im prolly wrong and its old news[/b][/quote]
dude none of my cars came in a kit :)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Originally posted by Soggydoggie@Dec 18 2003, 11:19 PM
I have always wondered if it would be possible for somebody to build a chassis with actual operating miniature cylinders. with possibly useing the little electric motors again to strike a piston.
This is a one of a kind setup, I made back in 95. I have never seen anything like it and I think it's the closest thing anyone will ever get to real working cylinders. (other than using actuators) I've been thinking of making another setup like it but this time adding some springs to the lower half of the square cylinders that I made.

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Originally posted by ScratchBuilderV+Dec 26 2003, 08:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ScratchBuilderV @ Dec 26 2003, 08:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Soggydoggie@Dec 18 2003, 11:19 PM
I have always wondered if it would be possible for somebody to build a chassis with actual operating miniature cylinders.  with possibly useing the little electric motors again to strike a piston.
This is a one of a kind setup, I made back in 95. I have never seen anything like it and I think it's the closest thing anyone will ever get to real working cylinders. (other than using actuators) I've been thinking of making another setup like it but this time adding some springs to the lower half of the square cylinders that I made.
[/b][/quote]
nice work scratch

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Originally posted by Mark+Dec 26 2003, 12:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mark @ Dec 26 2003, 12:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 25 2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 25 2003, 11:20 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--ryans97s10
@Dec 25 2003, 07:41 PM

bad ass by far.

i used one of the numatic sets along time ago with a friend but im sure theres a way to do it with a model. i just cant think of a big and light model. but n e ways mad props on that one and im gunna have to order that kit. sad thing is i dont think many people realize what this kit is. for every one who doesnt no its basiclly a air cylender kit made by lego it has a compressor air cylinders and tanks its pretty cool but i wanted to get the kit befor much was said. but hey im prolly wrong and its old news
dude none of my cars came in a kit :)[/b][/quote]
i meant the numatic kit it self not the car :uh:

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
I think BigPoppa posted a model with working "bags"the one you take out of those hopping plush spiders,no?

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by 66pontiac@Dec 26 2003, 04:32 PM
I think BigPoppa posted a model with working "bags"the one you take out of those hopping plush spiders,no?
sort of ghetto cheezy, but it works I guess. I know this is small, if someone wants it, PM me with an email addy and I'll send it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts