LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well hell ! I look back to when i started out on LIL and realized i built a gang of rides in the few months sence i been here ! Well I am not burned out I am just going to put the kits i want to build down for a while and let you all catch up ! :biggrin:

But I will still be building ! LOL! I just wont been in shop work on cars for awhile !

I Got a gift from BIG C and its a new style of building for me and he and i are doing a some what buddy build ! We are working on the same type kit and sharing building time and hanging out ! A rally fun and kick back style of build ! So heres what the build is !

THIS ONE IS MINE !

It has tons of custom work done to it that you really cant tell unless you have the kit to look and see but heres a pic of it in front of the box that it is to be !

I made custom rear fender, custom tank , molded in battery box , seat pan the fuel tank is molded to th eset and frame , i racked front forks , custom made the handle bars ! Like i said i have done alot already but most are little that wont be seen unless you build the bike your self !

As for BIG Cs bike It is also done up with lots of tricks and custom stuff , but hell have to show you his ! I didnt get pics of it yet !

Well enjoy and i will keep you posted on this build ! And again I am just taking a break and tring a new feild in modeling !

·
Registered
354 Posts
Originally posted by Minidreams Inc.@Sep 21 2006, 11:13 PM~6221958
Well hell ! I look back to when i started out on LIL  and realized i built a gang of rides in the few months sence i been here ! Well I am not burned out  I am just going to put the kits i want to build down for a while  and let you all catch up !  :biggrin:

But I will still be building ! LOL!  I just wont been in shop work on cars for awhile !

I Got a gift from BIG C  and its a new style of building for me  and he and i are doing a some what buddy build ! We are working on the same type kit and sharing building time  and hanging out ! A rally fun and kick back style of build !  So heres what the build is !
THIS ONE IS MINE !

It has tons of custom work done to it  that you really cant tell unless you have  the kit  to look and see  but heres a pic of it in front of the box that it is to be !

I made custom rear fender, custom tank , molded in battery box , seat pan  the fuel tank is molded to th eset and frame , i racked front forks  , custom made the handle bars  ! Like i said i have done alot already but most are little that wont be seen unless you build the bike your self !

As for BIG Cs bike  It is also done up with lots of tricks and custom stuff  , but hell have to show  you  his ! I didnt get pics of it yet !

Well enjoy  and i will keep you posted  on this build ! And again  I am just taking a break and tring a new feild in modeling !
HELL YEAH THAT'S WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT MINI..I WANNA BUILD SOME SICK ASS BIKES..I JUST CAN'T FIND ANY BUT THE CROTCH ROCKETS

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by imfamous56@Sep 22 2006, 01:38 AM~6222050
HELL YEAH THAT'S WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT MINI..I WANNA BUILD SOME SICK ASS BIKES..I JUST CAN'T FIND ANY BUT THE CROTCH ROCKETS
If you find one and dont want to build it out of box you will need to do alot of fab ! They have 4 kits out but the only thing that are inner change able are the wheels and handle bars ,and air tank and belt cover ! Everything else is made for the frame of the bike ! And the Frames are not the same ! I have a lot of work in this to make it look cool , This one is ugly if built box stock !

Wait tell you see BIG Cs ! Hes is kick ass ! mine is more of a cruzer , Cs is a devil chaser LOL! :biggrin:

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by imfamous56@Sep 22 2006, 01:50 AM~6222107
FOR SURE..WHERE COULD I GET ONE?
ALL MY HOBBY SHOPS DON'T CARRY THEM
This was at wal mart homie ! Try the bay ! I bet a few are there !

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by imfamous56@Sep 22 2006, 01:59 AM~6222143
K THANKS BRO
HOW'S THE WAGON???
I have it almost done waiting on a few details thats all !

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
SO THATS WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE!!!!!!!! I SEEN THOSE TODAY AT HOBBY PEOPLE. I WENT TO GO GET THE LAST OF THE CADDIES. I SEEN THAT RED ONE AND THE BLUE ONE. ARE THEY ON THE REVELL WEBSITE?

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Models IV Life@Sep 22 2006, 02:17 AM~6222213
SO THATS WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE!!!!!!!! I SEEN THOSE TODAY AT HOBBY PEOPLE. I WENT TO GO GET THE LAST OF THE CADDIES. I SEEN THAT RED ONE AND THE BLUE ONE. ARE THEY ON THE REVELL WEBSITE?
I dont know about that ! Fred they wont look like this out of the box ! I have cut the frame added to the rear fender m cut the tank down and moved it bake and the molded it to the frame ! Be ready to do some work ! I even had to change the handle bars ! They are neat kits but lack some needed detail !

·
Registered
436 Posts
looks sweet Mini but you need to make the tank a bit longer and wider but thats just me. there fun to mod i'v built both the aces wild and the Crusader and by far like the Crusader the best, got one in the works with a twisted down tube right now.

heres my first Crusader its stock out of box with drag bars and no front fender

pick up a easyrider mag for building tips and if you need any help just ask i got some cool stuff in the works for them.

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by DoUgH@Sep 22 2006, 06:09 AM~6222563
looks sweet Mini but you need to make the tank a bit longer and wider but thats just me.  there fun to mod i'v built both the aces wild and the Crusader and by far like the Crusader the best, got one in the works with a twisted down tube right now.

heres my first Crusader its stock out of box with drag bars and no front fender

pick up a easyrider mag for building tips and if you need any help just ask i got some cool stuff in the works for them.
DoUgH that bike look good ! He sence you built these already can you tell how much i changed it up ! Like i said this is a new area of building for me ! I like the challenge it opened up my mine LOL!

As for the tank ! Its the one you got on your bike i cut it in half and moldeed it to the frame ! Its the same length and wideth as yours ! I just cut off the pegs the frame and moved it back to mold it to the pan and the racked the forks !

Do you think it looks to thin ?

·
Registered
9,149 Posts
looking good david. got to finish my arlen ness bike one of these day's
i hade it for a few year's now but it put away in a box somewere. but all the body mods are done to it. when i find it i'll bust it out. my next project is going to be a c-130 gunship 1/72 scale.

·
Registered
159 Posts
here is one i did its pretty much box stock

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by kansascutty@Sep 22 2006, 10:33 AM~6223533
After seeing yours and BigC's I gotta get me one of these choppers after work. Tight work!!!! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :cool:
They are to have 4 bikes out but the only ones to be seen so far are the ACES WILD ( the blue bike ) and the 1 i got the Crusader (red bike ) Good luck if you find 1 ! It will take some work !

1 - 20 of 32 Posts