LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ! Last week I Had asked Mr. ORTEGA a few days ago about somr stuff that he had posted and he said none was for sale but he had a few junk bodies that i could part out to help me turn a 67 to a 68 ! Well when i got the bodies 1 was totaled but the other was a builders dream !

well here is the what i started with and where i am !

THE START !

And here are the parts i have to go into this !
67 Body
70 roof
70 hood
67 and 70 chassie parts

Ok frist i cut up the 67 for the front half of the roof and a few other items

then i cut up the 70 roof to fit and match the 67 roof and the 68 body and then added it to the body !

and then i add the rear window to be stright up like the 68 caprice I was tring to go for the look of the 68 from Masterpeices built awhile back !

and then i didnt have a hood so i took the 70 ! the 70 goes to the windsheild so i cut it up to fit

I still got a whole lot of work but i want to show MR. ORTEGA JR XIA ,that he didnt waste his time on shipping me this car and to show you all dont give up on what you think migh be junk ! Open you mind and put your skills to the best that you have and you all will be able to build at the level as some of the greats that you see here and in the magazines !

ALL YOU GOT TO DO IS TRY !

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Mr Biggs@Oct 14 2006, 12:36 PM~6367792
looking good homie. it's coming out clean. :thumbsup:
ME and you are keeping these guys reaching for the top level ! LOL! And Plus we got to let them know M.C.B.A. are builders , savers , and Teachers ! LOL!

·
Registered
9,149 Posts
yeah but they got to wan't to do it. all we can do is show them. the rest is up to them. there are" builder's" then there are" BUILDERS".it's up to them to decide what they wan't to be.

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Mr Biggs@Oct 14 2006, 12:44 PM~6367823
yeah but they got to wan't to do it. all we can do is show them. the rest is up to them.  there are" builder's" then there areOH SO TURE !

They all got the same items we do and most of the same tools ! I just hope that we can show them that anything can be done if you open your mind and try !

ANd to all the LIL member before you trash something Post it up ! WE BUILDERS might just be able to do something with it ! Like what i did here ! Plus Mr Ortega had a few more damaged Model that instead of tossing in the trash are now refinished and ready to be built ! SO LETS KEEP THE OLD KITS ALIVE ! And Keep the plastic on the bench ! I am sure you trash can be another mans Treasure !

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
i got a donk montecalro. the roof got steped on. the fron window pillars are broken and the paint is fucked up. my cameras broken so i cant get pictures

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by S-10sForever@Oct 14 2006, 12:52 PM~6367860
i got a donk montecalro. the roof got steped on. the fron window pillars are broken and the paint is fucked up. my cameras broken so i cant get pictures
Try to save it !

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by S-10sForever@Oct 14 2006, 12:59 PM~6367904
What do you think i could use to fix it? i wish i could show you.
Other plastic items Or save the kit for parts ! Don just toss it in the trash cause the body is broke ! Make use of the kit !

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
ok i wassnt going to toss it. Im not sure what to do with it. i was just posting to see if anyone needed it. im not that good of a builder like you mindreams. ure my hero in the model world!!!

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by S-10sForever@Oct 14 2006, 01:07 PM~6367934
ok i wassnt going to toss it. Im not sure what to do with it. i was just posting to see if anyone needed it. im not that good of a builder like you mindreams. ure my hero in the model world!!!
LOL! SHUT UP ! YOU FOOL ! LOL! Some time to be a good Member you need to hook others up! So if some 1 needs it for parts you should offer it up ! I would like the kit just for the Suspension , motor and drive train ! Maybe some one else could use the wheels and tires and interior !

OH ! I think i need the windows to ! Pm me i might just take the whole kit :cheesy:

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Yea thats what im hear for! Also i made a mistake its a '87 Buick Grand National... If you Need anything from it PM me and we can work something out!

Thanks

·
Registered
334 Posts
WOW U DID ALL THAT in such little time . its good to see that kit being put to good use insted of just sitting on my shelf, im glad your having fun with it.

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by MR ORTEGA JR XIV@Oct 14 2006, 01:47 PM~6368056
WOW U DID ALL THAT in such little time . its good to see that kit being put to good use insted of just sitting on my shelf, im glad your having fun with it.
Well i couldnt have done it with you ! Thanks ! And you Know if you have anything else that might be a little to much for you to rebuild Hit ME UP ! I do my best to save it LOL!

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is the still rear window i want to go with!

I really like the look on this one ! And If Dueces 76 put the body BIGGS did in resin then i will have the other style too !

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
THAT CAR IS LOOKING BAD MINI CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT FINISHED!

·
Registered
9,149 Posts
don't forget beto is still going to cast this one. :biggrin: he will have it in hand's by tonight when i get there.

·
Registered
8,733 Posts
:0

·
Registered
16,787 Posts
MAN YOU KNOW THAT FUCKER IS GONNA BE CLEAN! :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 113 Posts