LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK With everyone beat up Joe over this and that on the Pegasus topic i thought i would jump on this HOW TOO !

OK take the 1109

Look at the lip

Not wide enough for you ? OK then lets look at what we can do!

Pop the spoke part out of the wheel !

If you notice it has 2 sets of lips ! 1 that fits in a the lip and 1 at the other end that servers no use ! TILL NOW !

Take your razor saw or hobby saw and cut that lip off straight and clean !

OK now take the 5.20 and the lip and add them face down * SO YOU DONT POP THE WHITE WALL OUT *

and then add your second lip !

Then add your spoke back in and sand smooth and flush to the tire!

Now look ! you have widen your 1109's and the ring you used was already plated ! No need to search for a wider wheel !

Regular 1109 next to the wider 1109 !

You guys call your self BUILDERS ! Well no more wining about your wheels ! This is a very quick and easy fix !

SO LEAVE JOE ALONE ! LOL ! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by BODINE@Oct 22 2007, 02:59 PM~9057955
use dremal or hobby saw

Yes ! Trying to use your hobby knife you'll end up with a rough and uneven edge and will lead to the wheel bing off set and not lookin good ! ;)

With the dermal and razor saw you have a better form of cutting and easier way to keep it even !

·
Buildin ain't EZ
7,123 Posts
LOOKS GOOD MINI, BUT THEY LOOK A LITTLE TOO DEEP. ALMOST AS DEEP THE NEW PEGASUS DEEP DISH. BUT DON'T GET ME WRONG GOOD IDEA THOUGH.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
NICE!!!! :biggrin: :thumbsup:

but who would want deep rims???

·
Buildin ain't EZ
7,123 Posts
IF YOU LOOK AT A REAL 1:1 RIM THE SPOKES ARE PRETTY MUCH IN THE MIDDLE, ALMOST LIKE THE ONES IN THE FIRST PIC, WHICH WERE BAD ASS INCLUDING THE PERFECT COLOR GOLD TOO.

THE NEW 1109 LOOK LIKE 1:1 STANDARD SPOKES. THE SPOKES ARE TOO MUCH TO THE FRONT EDGE AND DONT HAVE THAT REAL 1:1 LIP. THE MCLANES I THINK HAVE A GOOD SIZE LIP.

OLD TRIPLE GOLDS 1/24(DISC. :( )

HERES WHAT THE NEW 1109's REMIND ME OF; STANDARD 1:1s:

·
Buildin ain't EZ
7,123 Posts
:biggrin:

MCLANES PEFECT LIP

:thumbsup:

·
craftsman
3,651 Posts
HEY MINI I DONT MEAN NO HARM BY THIS ,WHAT WORKS FOR ME IN WIDEING A RIM IS ,TAKE A 3/8 DIRLL KEYLESS CHUCK PREFERD AND PUT THE WHEEL ON THE DRILL AND TIGHTEN THE CHUCK ON THE PART THAT THE AXEL GOES INTO ON THE RIM SPIN THE DRILL TO MAKE SURE THE RIM IS NOT WOBBLING WHEN YOU RUN THE DRILL ONCE YOU HAVE GOT THE RIM STRAIGHT ON THE DRILL LAY THE DRILL DOWN ON A STURDY TABLE ,AND WIND IT UP HALF THE RPM, TAKE AN XACTO KNIFE AND USE THE BACK SIDE POINT AS IF YOU WERE GOING TO OPEN A DOOR ,FIND WHERE YOU WANT TO CUT AND PLACE THE XACTO THERE AND LET IT SCRIBE A LINE AS THE DRILL SPINS ONCE THAT IS DONE ,APLY ALIL MORE PREASURE ,AND IT WILL START TO CUT ,A CLEAN LINE ,,I KNOW IT SOUNDS LIKE A LOT BUT IF YOU GET IT RIGHT YOU COULD DO A SET WITH IN 15 MINUTES ,AND THE SHAVINGS FROM IT YOU COULD USE AS FILLER WITH YOUR GLUE ,OR CRAZY GLUE,ILL POST PICS OF WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT IN A MINUTE

·
Registered
19,888 Posts
sounds good,and nice learnin opp mini,thanks for sharing

·
craftsman
3,651 Posts
THESE ARE FROM THE CHARGER KIT(WITH THE LAMBO DOORS ) ONE SET I HAVE DONE ALREADY AND THE OTHER SET NOT TOUCHED ,I DID THIS SO YOU COULD SEE THE DIFFRENCE ,

IN THIS PIC YOU COULD SEE A SIDE BY SIDE VIEW OF THE TWO ONE I HAD TO CUT DOWN BECAUSE THE TIRE I WAS USING WAS MORE NARROW THEN THE RIM

THIS IS THE RIM ON THE DRILL

THIS IS THE CUTING METHOD ,I FORGOT TO ADD ,WHEN YOU DO THIS MAKE SHURE THE XACTO IS POINTED THE DIRECTION OF ROTATION

·
Registered
19,888 Posts
Originally posted by betoscustoms@Oct 22 2007, 08:48 PM~9061786
MY FAVORITE RIM: ALSO LOOKS KLEAN PAINTED
x2

that and the lip on 1003

1 - 20 of 27 Posts