LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the tank to my crystal fx cbr 929. it still needs to be cleared so i am going to wait 24 hrs and do it tomorrow. i have a pic of the tank when it was blk and yellow and all dented up on the top. not sure if you can see the dents.

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yeah, just what I was thinking, looks like that fake 'chrome in a can' stuff you can buy...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was suppose to be more refelctive. but i think i mudded it up by puttinng to much on. i will see if i looks any different later today.

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
yea,,doesnt look close to chrome,,,more like aluminum (like said above),,worse part is,,,its probably gonna look even MORE aluminum'ish once clear is added

might look good though

·
Premium Member
11,410 Posts
That doesn't look anything like what was on the website. Was it sprayed wrong? I know there was a whole list of shit you had to do to make it look just right.

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
we use it at the sign shop and it looks like chrome if you do everything properly. if you shoot a layer of primer dont just spray the mirra chrome right onto that like a basecoat, you have to put about 2-3 coats of clear on and use it as an intercoat and you have to polish that clear until its like glass. you only spray until you have even coverage, more is not better

and which mirra chrome did you use? there are two types, 1 is like chrome and the other gives and aluminum look

·
Registered
931 Posts
is that suff expensive?

and is it a base coat clear coat?

I've bein seing pic of that bmw but always thoughte it was real crome.....

I want some of that on my box marquis

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by D-BOY@Sep 19 2005, 03:55 PM~3844178
is that suff expensive?

and is it a base coat  clear coat? 

I've bein seing pic of that bmw but always thoughte it was real crome.....

I want some of that on my box marquis
a gallon is about 1200$ so yeah its pretty expensive and you use clear as an intercoat and polish the hell out of it before you apply the mirrachrome and then throw a few coats of clear over top or candy over it

·
Registered
989 Posts
That mirra chrome BMW looks pimp.

I always wanted a chrome paint job like that. I knew all this time someone must have done it but never saw anything remotely close to it.

Looks cool as shit

1 - 20 of 30 Posts