LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is the situation I'm gettin my fleetwood painted I'm goin with a silver base and the kandy is lime green I wanna know can I mix say TEN different color pearls in the clear and what would the effects be . Like would it change the different pearl shades or would it just be ugly . if so couldn't you make a flip flop paint job with as many colors as u wanted. help would be appreciated!! :cool:

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
That would look like you mixed them all together .... If you want to try & duplicate that color change effect you should spray ndividual layers of pears ... I just did it to a celica gt --- blue to purple..not a big jump in color but it worked.

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
mixing too many perals together will just defeat the purpose of a pearl..what will happen is that your most dominant color will cover all the rest----"flip flops" most of the time will only contain at the most 3-4 colors of pearls but will usually be pretty close in the color family-----if you are doing a candy paint job however i would not use pearls....they will get lost in the candy if you put them under in and they will cloud the candy if you put them over it----pearls are best used over solid colors to give a more custom look----------peace

"richee"

Last edited by lowriderlife at Dec 3 2003, 08:07 AM

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
what i was thinking, why would you add pearl to a candy? ive heard and seen the mixing of a bit of candy and some clear at the end on top a pearl paint, but never the opposite.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts