LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I got some 14x7 Mcleans for my 91 Brougham, but no matter how much I grind down they still rub in the back. From what I have heard, the 14x6's are the way to go, but I can only get them from like Dayton or California Wire..... Will the wheels look different? I can't really tell from the website pics, but I know that the spokes on the Mcleans are nice and big. I don't want to have to buy 4 new rims, just replace the 2 in the back and keep them for spares. If anyone has experience with this please let me know what worked out for you, of if there are any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Royal Homie+Aug 31 2003, 10:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Royal Homie @ Aug 31 2003, 10:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--simple me@Aug 31 2003, 07:14 PM
Ok, I got some 14x7 Mcleans for my 91 Brougham, but no matter how much I grind down they still rub in the back. From what I have heard, the 14x6's are the way to go, but I can only get them from like Dayton or California Wire..... Will the wheels look different? I can't really tell from the website pics, but I know that the spokes on the Mcleans are nice and big. I don't want to have to buy 4 new rims, just replace the 2 in the back and keep them for spares. If anyone has experience with this please let me know what worked out for you, of if there are any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
Would you want to trade for some brand new 13s?[/b][/quote]
Well, the lac weighs a lot... so I would have to say no :( Right now it is at about 5000 lbs or so and I don't know that I could find some 13" tires to hold me up right. The problem isn't that it is too high, it is too wide... if the axle was an inch or so shorter it wouldn't be a big deal. If I had a g-body I would love to have 13s and if I would have known sooner I could have sold them for ya (my bud John just got his 13's from Keith on Tuesday). I know that LiL_PO7 is looking for some 13's right now if you are looking to sell. :cheesy: :cheesy:

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
well some 14/6s make by CALI WIRE< look the same, only difference is the deepness, so do it up ;)

·
Registered
15,273 Posts
Originally posted by simple me@Sep 1 2003, 02:14 AM
you can run a 14x7 dayton with no problem

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by dayton roller+Sep 2 2003, 12:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dayton roller @ Sep 2 2003, 12:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--simple me@Sep 1 2003, 02:14 AM
you can run a 14x7 dayton with no problem[/b][/quote]
I am sure that I could but I don't feel like spending more on my rims than I did on my entire car..... :( I emailed ridersexpo for some prices but still haven't gotten anything back... tried to call them too and I keep getting VM.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Originally posted by simple me+Sep 2 2003, 12:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (simple me @ Sep 2 2003, 12:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -dayton [email protected] 2 2003, 12:04 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--simple me
@Sep 1 2003, 02:14 AM

you can run a 14x7 dayton with no problem
I am sure that I could but I don't feel like spending more on my rims than I did on my entire car..... :( I emailed ridersexpo for some prices but still haven't gotten anything back... tried to call them too and I keep getting VM.[/b][/quote]
i tried to email him too and no response :dunno:

Last edited by CORE at Sep 3 2003, 04:40 AM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts