LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there everybody in lay it low to all you model builders i have a couple of things to say fist i'll start off my name is christopher carnero i am 24 years old i been building models since i was 13 years old thats 11years i been doing models i'll be posting my models i've done in the past and now but for now i want to say to you model builders if you have any kind of quetinons you you need help let me know i will be glad to help you all in any way i can i am hope that you all r here to help me in any way that you can if i have aqustion about building models there r still thing i dont know that maybe you guys and girls can help me do i am also asking that we need a lot of more model builds to help use out this gose for the new mexcio and texas area cuz when we go to car shows every year the model shows are getting smaller and smaller to judge or to enter we need your help people even ifu aint in the texas, new mexico area i went to the TEXAS TEJANO SUPER SHOW IN ODESSA AND NICK JR THE GUY THAT IS OVER THE SHOW TOLD ME THAT THIS NEEDS TO GET BIGGER AGAIN OR ALL OR HARD WORK THAT WE PUT INTO THE MODEL ARE JUST GOING TO DIE OUT IF YOU NOTICE THAT LOWRIDER MAGAZINE DONT EVEN MAKE A LOWRIDER BICYCLE MAGAZINE ANYMORE THAT HAD MODELS AND LOWRIDER BIKES WE NEED TO GET OR TRADE BIGGER SO ARE HOARD WORK WONT BE A WASTE I KNOW YOU GUYS WOULD LIKE TO BE IN THE MAGAZINE JUST AS WEEL AS I WOULD IF YOU HAVE ANY QUEATIONS OR THOUGHTS LET ME KNOW SO I CAN FOWARD THEM TO NICK AND LOWRIDER MAGAZINE IF WE CAN GET THEM TO HELPS US OUT IT WOULD BE FOR YOU ALL BENFITS MODELERS THANJK YOU AND HAVE A GOOD DAY

·
craftsman
3,651 Posts
HEY MY NAME IS CHRISTOPHER TOO,
WELCOM TO LIL HOMIE
YOU MAKE A GOOD POINT WE DO NEED MORE BUILDERS ,THE HOBBY HAS DROPED AND NOW AT A STAND STILL (WITH PARTICEAPENTS ) SO I (WE LIL )
WOULD LIKE THE RECANITION FROM THE MAGAZINES ITS JUST NOT ENUFF BUILDERS TO WIN THE FIGHT ,
AND WHERE IS THEM PICS ................PICS PICS PICS PICS

PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
Welcome to lay it low! I would like to see your models. I also would like to say that many of the members here have been in the magazines over and over through the years, but it was not always in LRB. There is Model Cars and Scale Auto that have also shown lots of lows from guys here.
I wish LRB was on the shelf as well as Scale Lowrider like it used to be. The fact is most people are very close minded and don't care for lowriders as much as back in the 1990s. It's sad, but true. It's like people considered lowrider models a fad just like NASCAR models.....nobody wants a nascar kit....can't give them away.
Don't get me wrong, i am here cuz i love lowriders...i am speaking of the rest of the hobby "outside this forum and some others".......we are SMALL compared.....
I went to Toledo NNL this year and over 750 models were entered, guess how many lowriders? I would say less than 10 were lows.
Tuners are rapidly becoming a "fad to disappear" as well. I am all over the internet and what i see MOST of is rod and kustom.... what i see next is muscle cars and factory stock.....then i see the oddball, low, nascar, dirt tracker etc...

You are right, people need to step up the game a little. Everyone is so confined to this message board in particular that the REST of the hobby does not SEE the lows!
It's the people that only stick to one spot that are making it less obvious LOWRIDERS are being built! Go to scale auto , model cars and many of the smaller message boards and look around for lows......not near as many as LIL has. If people would break away from the comfort zone, maybe the lowrider hobby will be recognized like it was 15 years ago still.

I think someone should start a forum just for LOWRIDER MODELS only! Do you guys have any idea how successful it would be?

Another thing that kills it for low builders is the fact that there is so much shit talking and drama. People bashing each other all the time for stupid things and posting people's phone numbers up in public is childish.

The only way this end of the hobby is going to get the respect it deserves is for people to grow up and show the rest of the hobby that lowriders are built by mature respectable people.

You already know that all people think of when they see a lowrider is "drugs and gangs" ....... that is messed up man!

It is each and everyone person's responsibility to stand up and show that lowriding is a way of life ........ not a dead end!

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
1 get a photobcuket account,
or 2 go to the "image uploader" on the left side of the screen when u click "add reply"
or u can do it in the quick reply,
right underneath the textbox

·
craftsman
3,651 Posts
Originally posted by Twisted_Dreams@Nov 21 2007, 12:25 PM~9273887
HEY WHATS UP CHRIS I AM TRYING TO POST THEM BUT I DONT KNOW HOW CAN U HELP ME
YEA SAVE YOUR PICS TO PHOTO BUKET,ONCE SAVED ,LEFT CLICK IMG CODE ,ONCE THATS DONE LEFT CLICK ON THE HIGHLIGHTED PART AND COPY ,COME BACK TO LIL AND CLICK ON QUICK REPLY,AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN AND LEFT CLICK TO START LIKE YOUR GOING TO TYPE SOMETHING ,ONCE THE BLINKING THING COMES UP RIGHT CLICK AND PASTE,
YOU CAN DO MORE THAN ONE YOU JUST HAVE TO GO BACK AND FORTH ,COPY AND PASTE ,BUT AFTER YOU PASTE EACH PIC PRESS ENTER THAT WILL DROP THE PIC DOWN INSTEAD OF SIDE BY SIDE ,HOPE THIS HELPS AND PHOTOBUKIT IS FREE IF YOU DONT HAVE IT

·
craftsman
3,651 Posts
Originally posted by 88mcls@Nov 21 2007, 12:31 PM~9273938
1 get a photobcuket account,
or 2 go to the "image uploader" on the left side of the screen when u click "add reply"
or u can do it in the quick reply,
right underneath the textbox
WUSUP HOMIE

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
nuttiiin

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
OH SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

·
SA, TX
2,866 Posts
Originally posted by 88mcls@Nov 21 2007, 10:56 AM~9274142
OH SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!
X2
welcome to the hood. and you got some realy great lookn cars ther,
i was looking at a 6 4 you got , i was wondering has any one done a replica of " loco 64 " ?

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
Originally posted by 2lowsyn@Nov 21 2007, 01:21 PM~9274343
X2
welcome to the hood. and you got some realy great lookn cars ther,
i was looking at a 6 4 you got , i was wondering has any one done a replica of " loco 64 " ?
biggs and or mando

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
:cool: I went to tha show,man those rides r nice n person. I with ya on wat u said homie. :cool:

1 - 20 of 105 Posts