LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YO PEOPLE I'M HOOKIN UP MY CANDY APPLE RED ,, CHEY DOOLEY TRUCK WITH HYDRO'Z ,, AND I'M LOOKING FOR A BEST WAY FOR IT ,,,

I'M USING A BIG MOTOR , and a U BAR ,, AND I'M TRYIN TO FIND A WAY TO MAKE IT HOP HIGH ,, CUZ I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND A WAY AND It'S BIN A WHILE SINCE I DID ONE ,, THE LAST ONE I DID WAS IN 1998

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
You can have it in the back, but as long as the string only touches the chassis in one spot. Reason being because you will have a much smoother hop, and your string will last a lot longer. I usually mount the motor as close as possible, so your sting won't be hella long.

Are you keeping the interior?? If you are then you will have to put it in the back since there wouldn't be any room.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i'm keeping the entirior , and i'm tryin to hook the hydro's up so it can hop front and back ,,, but theirs no room in the front even though i chop the fenders off ,,, and when i hook it up to the bed ,, where do i place the motors for the front ,, and where do i place the motors for the back ,,

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the last hopper i did was ,, one of those lowrider purple chevy truck's ,,,, i did the same but i didn't have ab interior so it was alot easier ,,, and i also added those pen spring's to my string ,,,,, i put the spring'z in between the U bar and the chasis ,,, and i had the string run down the center of the pen spring ..... so now i'm tryin to make a show hopper ,, with my dooley...

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got most of all my plastic kits over at KB TOYS ,,, they sale every kind of plastic model for $5 or $10 ,,, they got every kind of truck and model cars .....and i usualy make hoppin hydro's with plastic model cars cuz their lighter and easier to hop...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts