LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since someone asked me, I was wondering what ages people are on this forum.

I'm 27-I remember buying Latin Alliance when it came out. I used to use wheels from the Corvette Stingrays and 65 Riviera before Pegasus came out with their first set, and flipped the hubcaps from the 65 Chevelle wagon to make speakers (looked good too!) Modeling has come a long way for lowriders in the past 10 years or so.

K. Diaz

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm 39 years old. I remember scratch building and resin casting my own rims and tires. I use to build hydraulic pumps using the metal end of an automotive fuse for the tank (do you even remember the older style fuses?). Several of my models have been featured in Lowrider Magazine (Dec 92) and several of the first issues of Lowrider bicycle. I've also had my models in Orlies, Street Rodder, and Rod and Custom. I haven't built that much in the last couple of years, but I always have something on my work bench. Right now I'm working on a 39 Chevy 4dr, A 48 Fleetline, a 70 Monte Carlo, a 54 Chevy truck, and a 1942 Harley Davidson.

·
Registered
13,478 Posts
17,18 on oct. 25. i just like to build hoppers and dancers. everything that has to do wit lowriders i like.

·
Registered
12,528 Posts
Originally posted by modiol@Aug 25 2003, 06:26 PM
I'm 39 years old. I remember scratch building and resin casting my own rims and tires. I use to build hydraulic pumps using the metal end of an automotive fuse for the tank (do you even remember the older style fuses?). Several of my models have been featured in Lowrider Magazine (Dec 92) and several of the first issues of Lowrider bicycle. I've also had my models in Orlies, Street Rodder, and Rod and Custom. I haven't built that much in the last couple of years, but I always have something on my work bench. Right now I'm working on a 39 Chevy 4dr, A 48 Fleetline, a 70 Monte Carlo, a 54 Chevy truck, and a 1942 Harley Davidson.
i feel old..i remember doing that also... and i'm 22 will be 23 sept. 28

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by JokerManN808@Aug 25 2003, 05:57 PM
anybody ever use to use old computer memoery from radio shack for switch box's?
the old CPU/memory chips? i never done that but i know what you are talking about. ;)

i been building for 23 years now.........

you wanna talk about some old shit...... remember having to use the left over "trees" to make rollbars, roll cages, and suspension parts? lol

one time when i was like 11 i had an old 51' "Henry J" and it had opening doors well...... one of the door hinges broke on me and i had nothing or no way to fix it. not just because of my age and money situation but there wasn't anything available back then like these days especially living in such a small town. so one day i said the hell with it and caught one of those big ass green grasshoppers and ripped his back legs off and used them for door hinges.

Hey.......... i had to improvise. ;) :thumbsup: lol

Last edited by The Mad Modeler at Aug 25 2003, 07:05 PM

1 - 20 of 73 Posts