LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got in touch with a guy selling photoreduced stuff on ebay and asked him if he ever thought about doing some lowrider related stuff. I gave him some ideas and about a month later, look what he busted out for us!! He'll be selling a sheet of these pretty soon and I'll post a link to it. I hope those who can, will buy a sheet, they're affordable. Great stuff to put on your little low's seats or console. Those are CD covers behind the mags.

by the way, I think LRB came out with little mags in the real mag, but they were way off scale, too big

K. Diaz

Last edited by BigPoppa at Jul 31 2003, 10:01 AM

·
Registered
598 Posts
i noe LRB had the red lowrider license plates back in the day... do they still have that?...

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by jevries@Jul 31 2003, 10:12 AM
Cool! but I print my own sheets using a photoprinter...I do this with lisence plates and emblems. ;)
I tried doing that, but after taking forever to scan it, scale it down right, and print out something that I couldn't even friggin tell what the hell it was, I'm willing to spend a few bucks to have someone else do it. If I had a kickass scanner and printer, I'd be doing my own too.

K. Diaz

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I tried here at work too! lol, but I couldn't get the scale right and the quality was kind of poor. The designer told me that the trick was in saving it in the right type of file. I believe he said to save it as a TIF.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Originally posted by Armando Ranflitas@Jul 31 2003, 10:39 AM
I tried here at work too! lol, but I couldn't get the scale right and the quality was kind of poor. The designer told me that the trick was in saving it in the right type of file. I believe he said to save it as a TIF.
TIF or for best prinitng quality BMP(bmp) a little bigger because they are not a compressed image like a jpeg, but they produce a higher quality print.
Poppa where did you get the PBoy mag for MAT?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Yeah Poppa, quit bogarting the PBoy's!!! lol.

Whats up Dag65. The designer was dropping a ton of info on me but all the computer speak confused me something awful!!! jejeje.

BMP, would that be a bit map??? He described something like that to me...

·
Registered
743 Posts
yes Bitmap, when you go to save the file use" save as " and choose the bmp extension. Most printers use this file type for its quality, I don't recommend it for regular stuff like posting pics and shit because the file is larger and will load slower
"computer speak confused me something awful!!! "
I know us computer types take that stuff for granted and rattle off all kinds of terms and words without thinking about it.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Yeah, I am envious of the computer/designer lingo that goes on around me all day =) I need to hit the books. He went into the mathematics of the bit map and I pulled a Homer Simpson =)

I just print the stuff on my press...Im still trying to learn more about silk screening decals.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Silk screen looks like a lot of work, but the end product comes out looking nice. We send all of our stuff out to get screened, but I still want to learn. Maybe you can help me out later homie.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Jul 31 2003, 11:00 AM
I got in touch with a guy selling photoreduced stuff on ebay and asked him if he ever thought about doing some lowrider related stuff. I gave him some ideas and about a month later, look what he busted out for us!! He'll be selling a sheet of these pretty soon and I'll post a link to it. I hope those who can, will buy a sheet, they're affordable. Great stuff to put on your little low's seats or console. Those are CD covers behind the mags.

by the way, I think LRB came out with little mags in the real mag, but they were way off scale, too big

K. Diaz
I have those. Remember when Lowrider had its 25th anaversary? or some thing like that, they came out with 2 mags which matched each other (it was like a chrome or sliver shinny cover with 2 chicks)well inside they had a calendar or something related to that and it came with little magazines (accually pictures of every subscrition) under the pin up chick... i cut those shits out and their in every model lowrider car i have... cleaver and cheep!!!!

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Poppa shoulda just hit me up, i do that kind of stuff all the time. i got skillz like that. and who's to say that they arent already posted up in my online store site that i've been putting together.

IF ANY OF YOU EVER HAVE ANY IDEAS AND NEED ANYTHING CUSTOM DONE PLEASE FEEL FREE TO HIT ME UP WITH A PM OK

·
Registered
993 Posts
Originally posted by luvregals@Jul 31 2003, 08:19 PM
those are easy to do... .... i have done tons of them...i have also done.some lRM ones...i am gonna prolly make some BLVD mag liscene plates..soon..
koo ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts