LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i just got a 85 Fleetwood. the vinyl top was removed and was molded in. but the bondo and primer is all cracked to hell. so how can you mold it without it cracking and splitting away. any help would be great. the car is not far from being in paint so i need to get this done kinda quick. ;)

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts
Originally posted by ~RO DANNY~@May 28 2011, 09:15 AM~20645738
ok guys i just got a 85 Fleetwood. the vinyl top was removed and was molded in. but the bondo and primer is all cracked to hell. so how can you mold it without it cracking and splitting away. any help would be great. the car is not far from being in paint so i need to get this done kinda quick. ;)
reinforced body filler or fiberglass resin and mat. Im assuming they used regular filler to mold it in. Its going to take some time and know how to mold it in to look right :yes:

·
Registered
7,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by KAKALAK@May 28 2011, 06:26 AM~20645766
reinforced body filler or fiberglass resin and mat. Im assuming they used regular filler to mold it in. Its going to take some time and know how to mold it in to look right :yes:

ok thanks homie. i will look into that. it looked good but its all cracked and breaking apart now. so i wanna keep it that way just withut the cracks. ;) :biggrin:

·
Registered
7,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by MidwestFleetwood@May 28 2011, 07:42 AM~20645963
I just used that stuff to build a speaker box and it is crazy strong :cool:

resin? thats it???

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts

·
Registered
7,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shit i think they have that at walmart too lol....cool i will grab some and get started on that...i was sanding it all down and its cracked all the way to the base. so i need to take it all out n start over. ;)

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts
Originally posted by ~RO DANNY~@May 29 2011, 01:10 PM~20651220
shit i think they have that at walmart too lol....cool i will grab some and get started on that...i was sanding it all down and its cracked all the way to the base. so i need to take it all out n start over. ;)
:yes: if you dont Im sure you'll be sorry later :(

·
Registered
7,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts