Originally posted by SPL1T~PERSONAL1TY@May 27 2011, 10:29 PM~20644496
umm goodluck  :cool:

you could  fiberglass it but probably a lot more work that way
and will crack the fk up easy

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts
Originally posted by BigBlue64@May 28 2011, 12:06 AM~20644359
Does anybody have a good tips to mold the trunk and hood without using metal.
try using Lead or all metal filler

I would just do the metal work though

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know if have seen expansion foam in the hood. I had a buddy do his with all metal and it just way to heavy.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
what are you trying to do on the hood and truck see the problem is they are high traffic areas that will be slammed and shake. your metal work doesn't have to be perfect. there are lighter gauges you can play with if weight is an issue

or rivets and all metal brand filler

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
we cut small pcs of metal and use a glue to cover up da holes a lot easyer then welding hope this helps u

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
It can be done with metal without getting too heavy.

the hood hinges are strong enough to support a few more pounds anyway, I built an all steel cowl hood and molded the inside of the hood, added a lot of steel to it but it stays up easily.

most cars have these torsion bars to keep the trunk open, and usually they can be adjusted a little firmer so you wont have problems with a heavier trunk lid.

my homie molded his hood and trunk of his '78 having no problems being too heavy or anything

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Originally posted by LostInSanPedro@May 29 2011, 03:16 PM~20652353
do you have pictures of this done?
i should by next week when its done

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
keep us posted, i saw a video recently that was talking about using glues just like this and had a hard time believing it. just sounds wierd to me.

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Originally posted by LostInSanPedro@May 29 2011, 03:22 PM~20652383
keep us posted, i saw a video recently that was talking about using glues just like this and had a hard time believing it. just sounds wierd to me.

THEY USE THIS KIND OF GLUE ON ALOT OF NEW CARS

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts
im still waiting on pics, i wanna know how you paint over the glue?
Its called Panel Bonding Adhesive. If you use it to glue your sheet metal down, your then gonna have to fiberglass or use reinforce body filler to cover the seam. All in all, I think welding a sheet to your underside will yield better results and be less work on the bodyman. If not your going to be blocking that underside 20 times :yessad:

·
Registered
485 Posts
that is alot easeir to use n holds hella strong i worked in a dealership bodyshop n they use that adhesive to glue door skins n roofs together a good freind used it for my shaved door handles alot easeir n hold very good n is paintable gunna do it to my hood n trunk when i get back to the country

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Its called Panel Bonding Adhesive. If you use it to glue your sheet metal down, your then gonna have to fiberglass or use reinforce body filler to cover the seam. All in all, I think welding a sheet to your underside will yield better results and be less work on the bodyman. If not your going to be blocking that underside 20 times :yessad:
This^:thumbsup:
Panel bonding adhesive is for skinning doors,not shaving body panels.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts