1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
How many is there, 16?

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
thats what my rack is going to look like but my pumps are going to be under my back dash

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
rack for 16 batts n 6 pumps in a caddy

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Originally posted by CODE BLUE@Nov 14 2003, 07:35 PM
This is the rack in my Caddy... had 14 batteries, but I've went to 12.
That's a real nice/clean setup. What group/type of batteries are those?

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Heres 2 that are stuffed full that I did!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that's some nice clean work.....i'm looking to redo the rack in my truck so i'm trying to get some ideas

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Originally posted by air280@Nov 15 2003, 01:42 AM

regal
[8batts 4 pump]
Hey Air280

Why did you not go with 9 batteries?

also,

Is the tubing being used for frame support/reinforcement?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
cos he only wanted to run 48v.....................
the tubing ties the bridge/kickup plating/rack all together [so there is no load on the quaters] and supports the pumps

Last edited by air280 at Nov 17 2003, 04:47 PM

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Originally posted by air280@Nov 17 2003, 01:46 AM
cos he only wanted to run 48v.....................
the tubing ties the bridge/kickup plating/rack all together [so there is no load on the quaters] and supports the pumps
What year is that Regal? I have a 85 and I'm pulling out the rack to make something different.

I'm going to remove the gas tank and bolt two plate to the insides of the inner frame rails and come up about 1/2" over the trunk floor.

Then build a two piece (welded) rack I would then bolt together.

What do you mean by or what does this mean: the tubing ties the bridge/kickup plating/rack all together [so there is no load on the quaters]

I'm not sure if I don't know the names of the car parts, or if you have a different name for them :)

would you suggest this for me too? Or is that rack not tied into the frame?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
'83.
has a chain bridge [6"x3/82 channel].
chassis kickup over axle is plated with 1/4 steel from sill end to back of chassis.
rear bit of plating goes up thro floor and is attatched to pump/battery rack.
tubing is welded to top of bridge at the front and to rack at the back so it forms a brace tiying the rearmost end of the rack to the bridge to stop any flexing.............
it works for me but there are peeps that have done more installs than me on here [hydros are relatively new in UK]................. :)

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Originally posted by air280@Nov 17 2003, 02:47 AM
'83.
has a chain bridge [6"x3/82 channel].
chassis kickup over axle is plated with 1/4 steel from sill end to back of chassis.
rear bit of plating goes up thro floor and is attatched to pump/battery rack.
tubing is welded to top of bridge at the front and to rack at the back so it forms a brace tiying the rearmost end of the rack to the bridge to stop any flexing.............
it works for me but there are peeps that have done more installs than me on here [hydros are relatively new in UK]................. :)
OK thanks, yes I know you're from the UK, I've been to your site a few times.

So, I'm guessing the car is made for 3wheel, I'm for pure hopping, so I'm guessing I won't even need to bother with this?

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
that regal was built for hoppin i personaly think its a good idea i may even copy the idea for my hopper , i rekon it would take some stress off the rear quarters

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Originally posted by Hydros+Nov 14 2003, 10:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hydros @ Nov 14 2003, 10:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--CODE BLUE@Nov 14 2003, 07:35 PM
This is the rack in my Caddy... had 14 batteries, but I've went to 12.
That's a real nice/clean setup. What group/type of batteries are those?[/b][/quote]
Thanks bro, the batteries are group 31 Trojans. Here are a couple of pics of the setup when I first bought the car...

Last edited by CODE BLUE at Nov 17 2003, 10:58 PM

1 - 20 of 25 Posts