LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know about Adex already. But what about the Hydro-Aire "Monster Greens". Who has info about these? Like the different Part #'s, Sizes, Max. Pressures, How good is it while hopping? Are they known to pressure lock? I know someone on here has to have or had one on there car.

·
Registered
19,958 Posts
Originally posted by 82 REGAL@Oct 22 2003, 08:46 PM
We all know about Adex already. But what about the Hydro-Aire "Monster Greens". Who has info about these? Like the different Part #'s, Sizes, Max. Pressures, How good is it while hopping? Are they known to pressure lock? I know someone on here has to have or had one on there car.
they work good you want to buy one i have one for sale in the classifieds section

Last edited by BIGTONY at Oct 23 2003, 12:22 AM

·
Registered
369 Posts
Originally posted by 82 REGAL@Oct 22 2003, 09:46 PM
a friend of mine has one... its original from like the 40's with manual release valve on the side.. fullly functional.. he used it on his truck for a while..... good valve....

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Originally posted by Mikeb62@Oct 23 2003, 08:41 AM
ok maybe a dumb question, but if they are manual dumps, what good would they do for u
Don't worry about it, I asked a dumb question yesterday.

Those are also electrical.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by Mikeb62@Oct 23 2003, 12:08 PM
so are all military dumps like that electic with a manual release like that. cause ,my neighor is getting me some dumps and filters from the navy base..
not all solenoid valves have manual release. Adel never had one, because it was so good it didnt need it.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Originally posted by ogcaddy+Oct 23 2003, 12:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ogcaddy @ Oct 23 2003, 12:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Mikeb62@Oct 23 2003, 12:08 PM
so are all military dumps like that electic with a manual release like that. cause ,my neighor is getting me some dumps and filters from the navy base..
not all solenoid valves have manual release. Adel never had one, because it was so good it didnt need it.[/b][/quote]
but all should be electric (soleniod) correct

·
Registered
19,958 Posts
Originally posted by ogcaddy+Oct 23 2003, 09:56 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ogcaddy @ Oct 23 2003, 09:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Mikeb62@Oct 23 2003, 12:08 PM
not all solenoid valves have manual release. Adel never had one, because it was so good it didnt need it.[/b][/quote]
ADEL HAD ONE ON THE BOTTOM PLATE IT WAS A PIN YOU PUSHED IN JUST LIKE ON THE ADEX'S

·
Registered
369 Posts
Originally posted by BIGTONY+Oct 23 2003, 10:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BIGTONY @ Oct 23 2003, 10:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 23 2003, 09:56 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Mikeb62
@Oct 23 2003, 12:08 PM

not all solenoid valves have manual release. Adel never had one, because it was so good it didnt need it.
ADEL HAD ONE ON THE BOTTOM PLATE IT WAS A PIN YOU PUSHED IN JUST LIKE ON THE ADEX'S[/b][/quote]
CORRECT

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by BIGTONY+Oct 24 2003, 12:39 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BIGTONY @ Oct 24 2003, 12:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
<!--QuoteBegin--Mikeb62

ADEL HAD ONE ON THE BOTTOM PLATE IT WAS A PIN YOU PUSHED IN JUST LIKE ON THE ADEX'S[/b][/quote]
THAT BOTTOM PIN IS NOT DESIGNED TO BE A RELEASE. ALTHOUGH IT WILL RELEASE, BUT UNDER A SERIOUS LOCK, IT WILL BEND THE PIN IF YOU PUSH ON IT.

THAT IS THE WRONG WAY TO UNLOCK AN ADEL OR ADEX.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by nissanminitrucker+Oct 24 2003, 11:31 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nissanminitrucker @ Oct 24 2003, 11:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 23 2003, 10:39 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Mikeb62

ADEL HAD ONE ON THE BOTTOM PLATE IT WAS A PIN YOU PUSHED IN JUST LIKE ON THE ADEX'S
CORRECT[/b][/quote]
INCORRECT, WHY ARE YOU AGREEING LIKE YOU EVEN KNOW.

·
Registered
762 Posts
"THAT BOTTOM PIN IS NOT DESIGNED TO BE A RELEASE. ALTHOUGH IT WILL RELEASE, BUT UNDER A SERIOUS LOCK, IT WILL BEND THE PIN IF YOU PUSH ON IT. "

Wrong, if it bends why is it there?

"BUT UNDER A SERIOUS LOCK"

might be more apt to bend if u hit it with a hammer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

????????????????

Don't qeustion the cheerleader!!!!!!!!!!!

My dick isn't sweet enough for you to suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by hydroaire10@Oct 24 2003, 01:54 PM
"THAT BOTTOM PIN IS NOT DESIGNED TO BE A RELEASE. ALTHOUGH IT WILL RELEASE, BUT UNDER A SERIOUS LOCK, IT WILL BEND THE PIN IF YOU PUSH ON IT. "

Wrong, if it bends why is it there?

"BUT UNDER A SERIOUS LOCK"

might be more apt to bend if u hit it with a hammer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

????????????????

Don't qeustion the cheerleader!!!!!!!!!!!

My dick isn't sweet enough for you to suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It sticks out in order to keep the alignment of the pin more accurate. If it was meant ot be a release it would have a handle on it.

Even Andy has said several times, do not push the pin in.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Ohh and for the record I have talked to some old guys who used to work on planes.

They gave me alot of info on the adel.

And all of them said that the pin sticks out because it helps with the correct allignment of the spool. And like it was stated yes it will work as a pressure relief, but thats not why it is there. And it can damage the dump it it is pushed to hard, or if the valve is locked to tight and it is pushed, remember these thinds are built to tolerences wtih the 1000ths of an inch, and flex or distortion can cause problems.

Last edited by ogcaddy at Oct 24 2003, 02:45 PM

·
Registered
152 Posts
Originally posted by ogcaddy+Oct 23 2003, 09:56 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ogcaddy @ Oct 23 2003, 09:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Mikeb62@Oct 23 2003, 12:08 PM
Jason,

Adel made two different dumps that had manuel releases one has a machined square body the other was a cast body. I've got both, I'll should them to you when you make your trip to the west coast.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.