LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This costemor had his prised mustang 5.0 GT convertable Keyed and the top slashed. Though he is not sure who did it rumers say it was an ex-girlfriend. Don't you just hate it when they do that?

Any way the car was brought to me for repairs and an upgrade custome paintjob. Sence I think of mustangs more as musclecars then lowriders, and nothing says musclecar more then flames, then flames this mustang will get.

After finishing all the body work I laid on some hight build opoxy K2 primer from Dupont folowed by regalur primer and and a metalic burgendy red with gold pearl. Clearcoated and prepaired for the flames. The flames were done in 2 tone tangerine orenge and bright solor yellow all beried under a gallen of clear.

I hope you guys like it. I will be posting more pics of other cars later. Peace !!

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
YOUR WORK IS NICE AND LOOKS CLEAN...PROPS!!!!JUST THE STYLE IS NOT MINE..BUT HAY..WHAT EVER MAKES THE $$$$$ :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Originally posted by MRIMPALA2000510@Dec 26 2003, 10:07 AM
YOUR WORK IS NICE AND LOOKS CLEAN...PROPS!!!!JUST THE STYLE IS NOT MINE..BUT HAY..WHAT EVER MAKES THE $$$$$ :biggrin: :biggrin:
true man i really dont like the style either but im not a hater looks like good work :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
flames are fuckin' bad ass and I wish I could do them. I'd put flames on everything. On the fridge, my cars, my walls, my shower- hell, I'd get my dog tatt'd with flames. Good flame work on the 5.0- Nostalgic!

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Originally posted by Xx_de_xX@Jan 13 2004, 09:02 AM
flames are fuckin' bad ass and I wish I could do them. I'd put flames on everything. On the fridge, my cars, my walls, my shower- hell, I'd get my dog tatt'd with flames. Good flame work on the 5.0- Nostalgic!
lmao,yea good work ;)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Xx_de_xX@Jan 13 2004, 02:02 AM
<span style='color:purple'> Lmao!! :roflmao:
Well don't tat the dog :biggrin:
But Ya, you should practice laying out some wicks (flames) This mustang was the first flame job I'v done. But a week befor I painted it, I went out and got some hotrod and trucken mag.s for ideas. Then using 3m 1/8" fineline tape, I started laying out flames on old junked fenders that had been replaced. It was defernt at first but you quickly get the feel for it.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Originally posted by MyFamiliaCC+Feb 2 2004, 04:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MyFamiliaCC @ Feb 2 2004, 04:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Xx_de_xX@Jan 13 2004, 02:02 AM
flames are fuckin' bad ass and I wish I could do them.  I'd put flames on everything.  On the fridge, my cars, my walls, my shower-  hell, I'd get my dog tatt'd with flames.  Good flame work on the 5.0-  Nostalgic!
<span style='color:purple'> Lmao!! :roflmao:
Well don't tat the dog :biggrin:
But Ya, you should practice laying out some wicks (flames) This mustang was the first flame job I'v done. But a week befor I painted it, I went out and got some hotrod and trucken mag.s for ideas. Then using 3m 1/8" fineline tape, I started laying out flames on old junked fenders that had been replaced. It was defernt at first but you quickly get the feel for it.

[/b][/quote]
man what the steps on doing the flames, I wan to do some patterns but kinda lackin on knowledge, how long did you what on the base color to dry before laying the flames out, and I see you used regular tape to tape up the big spots did it pull any paint off with it or around the flames? did you wet sand the car before laying down the flames or cut around them before pulling the tape off?? thanks

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
lol- I still wanna get flame tats on my dog.

He'd be on fiyah :biggrin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts