LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 Cadillac Deville and i want to know what i can do to it to help with performance a little bit. I palne to redo my whole exhaust once the winter is over so that the snow ans salt wont mess it up. I also plan on gettting some new rims with performance tires but this will also be at the end of winter. Does anybody have any other suggestons on things that i can do that wouldnt require much custom work

·
Registered
85 Posts
well you could get a tune-up or a whole new fuel injection system. that would help a little bit. but what do you have in mind? bolt-ons? what is the extent you wanna go to?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Port and polish the heads, and have them shaved. Full tune-up/service. And a 200 shot of NOS.

·
Registered
85 Posts
cant just pump nos into any engine. you have to be sure that it can take the extra load (especially a 200 blast). for instance, if its not up to it, nos could do immesurable damage. bent rods, blown seals, shattered pistons.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
200 shot would be cool for a short burst of top speed. Stock V-8's can take that amount ok, just need to maybe ajust it to run alittle richer. If its a 6cylinder, max would be 100 shot. Its perfect for the sleeper look.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its a v8 engine, I was looking mostly for bolt on stuff but i dont think that there are many bolt on parts for my car. Well I just got my emissions test done today and failed that so I guess that i will have to go ahead and jsut redo my exhaust now. Does anybody have any reccomendation on mufflers, catalytic conveters and maybe headers that i should use. I wanted to get dual exhaust if that helps. I also want it to sound nice and sound low and deep but not neccesarily be real loud.

Last edited by 91lacdeville at Dec 8 2003, 03:02 PM

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
i say you should get a flowmaster 40 series, single inlet dual outlet will be just loud enough i think, also if ou wanna be cheap like i will be here soon, there are always glasspacks, about $15 each.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by BuThatsaCHRYSLER@Dec 8 2003, 02:51 PM
i say you should get a flowmaster 40 series, single inlet dual outlet will be just loud enough i think, also if ou wanna be cheap like i will be here soon, there are always glasspacks, about $15 each.
I was thinking about getting the 40 series. They arent that expensive are they. All i need is that a new catalytic and some nice headers and ill be good to go.

Last edited by 91lacdeville at Dec 8 2003, 03:06 PM

·
Registered
85 Posts
you cant just put NOS into any engine. you throw it in one thats not ready, you'll crack the pistons and shatter the connecting rods. you have to be careful with NOS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts