LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have delta dumps there are two wires coming out of each dump. I know one goes to my switch but whats the other wire for a ground? and does it matter what goes to what? on all 4 dumps all the wires are yellow so i would assume it does not matter.

Help a noob!

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
one is for the ground, dont matter wich one

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys i got my dumps working now. but when my solinoids were just clicking when i hit a switch now there is nothing. i checked power and the first one has 25v (my batterys are low) the second one has 1.3v and the third has 0v. and of course the motor connection has 0v as well. so my motor is not running. do i have bad solinoids?

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Originally posted by DetroitDirty@Oct 2 2007, 04:02 PM~8917994
Thanks guys i got my dumps working now. but when my solinoids were just clicking when i hit a switch now there is nothing. i checked power and the first one has 25v (my batterys are low) the second one has 1.3v and the third has 0v. and of course the motor connection has 0v as well. so my motor is not running. do i have bad solinoids?

if your talking about the main power supply on the noids to the motor then the 2nd noid is blown, the 3rd might be too but you wont know till you get power to it.

if you talking about the switch wire going to activate the noids then you have a loose connection between noid 1 and 2, possibly from a bad crimp

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i got new noids. same thing no power at the second and third noid. i have my switch wires going to the last noid (the one with the cable going to the motor) should the switch wires be at the first noid?

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Originally posted by DetroitDirty@Oct 2 2007, 05:01 PM~8918365
ok i got new noids. same thing no power at the second and third noid. i have my switch wires going to the last noid (the one with the cable going to the motor) should the switch wires be at the first noid?

you need to run the switch wire power to each noid to the (s) terminal
this is what tells the noid to open, when it see's power going to it.

with some small ring ternimals make a connection from one noid to the next. you will need 3 ring terminals and 2 pieces of wire.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by milkweed@Oct 2 2007, 08:46 PM~8918647
you need to run  the switch wire power to each  noid  to the (s) terminal
this is what tells the noid to open, when it see's power going to it.

with some small ring ternimals  make a connection from one noid to the next. you will need  3  ring terminals and 2 pieces of  wire.

i have that done. i just wasnt sure if it made a diffrence on what end my switch wires were at.
right now all im working on is one bank and just trying to get the front pump and shit working first. but now i need to get my battery charger checked out. cause something is a miss there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts