LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I´m new in this world of lowriders and have got a problem I´ve never had to think of before.

The motor is a chevy 350 with a Edelbrock 650 carb. Every time I jump with the car the motor dies and it´s very hard ta start it again. It´s no biggie, it allways starts but when you´re cruising you dont want to stand still for a minute to get the motor running again.
You wat everything to run smoothely.

Is this a common problem? Is there something i can do about it?

Please help! There not that many lowriders here in Sweden so I thought I´d try this forum for feedback.

·
Registered
11,232 Posts
sounds like the engine is flooding out..holley makes a lowrider carb and kit for cars that hop so they dont flood..

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts
Originally posted by Lwrdr83lds@Aug 17 2006, 09:12 AM~5985498
sounds like the engine is flooding out..holley makes a lowrider carb and kit for cars that hop so they dont flood..
x2

·
57 RAG
30,659 Posts
I have an 81 elco all rebuilt frame off resto and I am having the same problem also I'm gonna redo my timing and make sure my carb is adjusted right so I'm not getting to much gas. I have a question also I have an edelbrock performer 600 cfm electric choke carb and was wondering if I could use a 4x4 carb kit on it and does anybody know which one it is or what to ask for at the auto parts store. I seen the edelbrock avenger carbs that are for offroading and it says they have spring loaded needle and seets I see just the needle and seets for off road for sale can I just buy those or do I have to buy a whole kit can somebody answer my 20 questions. :biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts