LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm building my very first hopper....
it's a 4 motor hopper and i was going to make the little squares for the line to go through on the motor shafts out of styrene.........

i bought some hoppin hydros "motor gears" today instead so it would be quicker and cleaner looking.
the guy at hobbytown said that is what they are for but i got them home and opened them and i see no way in hell that they will work right for this.

anyone know what the hell these are for or what type of shit i'd have to do to these to use them?

I'd probably be better off just doing the styrene ones i'm sure huh? :dunno:

Thanx!

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
ive used those before and me personally i dont like them the slip off to much i get the ones from pegasus the collers and gears and those are bad ass they never slip u screw them on the shaft of the motor :thumbsup:

·
Registered
540 Posts
the site I got them from was hobbylinc.com, that site I pm'd you about a while back. well I finally came into some cash and wanted to get a lot of shit. well I placed my order and there Order status shit still says Pulling from warehouse. Not real impressed. I'm sure ya have seen the topic I posted :angry:

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah it was , i cant remember what the hell the site was though. i found it by accident one day and the shit was cheap as hell too.
like i got a set of purple wire wheels, knock offs, white walls, purple chain steering wheel all for $4.99 :0

·
Registered
540 Posts
damn man, find your packing slip!!! heh I need to find some cool shit. I was planning on building a few things with this order but if I don't get the damn thing I must go elsewhere. The shops around here are no help. the Hobbytown here clearanced out most of the hydro type shit

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nope, still gotta make some "cams" for the motors/lines and then run the lines. after that the chassis will be pretty much done other than chopping about 3/4 to an inch off the ass of it. and then start trimming out the body to sit all the way down on it and then do all that good stuff to the body and interior. i'm doing something differant on this one body wise ;)

i think i'm going to leave the plain old 4 push buttons for right now until i get it going and then wire up a 10 switch prohopper box and do some other trick stuff to it ;)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Man,I know that dude's gonna be trick, by just lookin at your other stuff, can't wait to see it. Kinda been wonderin if you're doing U bars or not. I've been getting my feet wet with the U bar setup. never did em before. Buddy of mine brought over a whole box of cheesy remote controlled cars and trucks. I grabbed a PT Cruiser out of it to practice the U bar deal. Got the front done, and it works pretty good, doing the rear tonight, almost ready to try it. From the pictures on here, it looks like some people only go with one motor in front and 2 in back. I went with that. Only one I have done before was 4 motor, with T's and O's. will be anxious to see how this one works.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
alright, i used them all. HH plastic gears, buttons, home made, and the gears that come with the 130s. the best thing out there is these metal collors called "duro collars". you find them at hobby stores that carry parts for RC airplans, and you screw them on with a allen wrench.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Originally posted by tonedeaf@Sep 18 2003, 08:16 PM
alright, i used them all. HH plastic gears, buttons, home made, and the gears that come with the 130s. the best thing out there is these metal collors called "duro collars". you find them at hobby stores that carry parts for RC airplans, and you screw them on with a allen wrench.
thats the ones pegasus sells :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Originally posted by chato83+Sep 18 2003, 08:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chato83 @ Sep 18 2003, 08:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--tonedeaf@Sep 18 2003, 08:16 PM
alright, i used them all.  HH plastic gears, buttons, home made, and the gears that come with the 130s.  the best thing out there is these metal collors called "duro collars".  you find them at hobby stores that carry parts for RC airplans, and you screw them  on with a allen wrench.
thats the ones pegasus sells :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:[/b][/quote]
haven't seen those. thanks bro, i have to checked that out

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Originally posted by tonedeaf+Sep 18 2003, 08:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tonedeaf @ Sep 18 2003, 08:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 18 2003, 08:32 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--tonedeaf
@Sep 18 2003, 08:16 PM
alright, i used them all.  HH plastic gears, buttons, home made, and the gears that come with the 130s.  the best thing out there is these metal collors called "duro collars".  you find them at hobby stores that carry parts for RC airplans, and you screw them  on with a allen wrench.

thats the ones pegasus sells :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
haven't seen those. thanks bro, i have to checked that out[/b][/quote]
No Problem bro

1 - 20 of 38 Posts