LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in 92 or 93 my brother had a new crate engine installed in is truck.. the truck was parked for bout a year.. and receantly we cranked it back up.. we let it run for awhile.. well for the past 2 days or so...it been smokin out the tail pipe.. doesnt smell like oil or anything... it realy smokes when you first crank it up.. then it will quit after long periods of driving..but once we park .. it starts smokin again,???????? wut would this be.. should we run it like that for a couple of days, and see wut happens.. or it wont make a difference

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
sounds like bad valve seals, thats just a guess though, dont go changing them because I said that may be the problem

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
smells like the vapors when you boil water.. so im guessin its water in my exaust.. but how?
we canged the oil today. and put new spark plugs in.. if that helps.. wut other signs should i look for.. i know its white smoke.. and its real heavy when u accelerate..and kinda calm when in park left running..

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by ..LaZt oNe LeFt..@Sep 4 2003, 08:13 PM
smells like the vapors when you boil water.. so im guessin its water in my exaust.. but how?
we canged the oil today. and put new spark plugs in.. if that helps.. wut other signs should i look for.. i know its white smoke.. and its real heavy when u accelerate..and kinda calm when in park left running..
did the oil look good? I didnt know water vapor has a smell.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
it could be the old gas,or the valve seals as stated,you should drive that thing around and get all the old gas out,and start from there,thats the most common thing cars do when they sit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts