LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aight I got a new motor, Hooked everything up right, hit the switches, and all i get is the silonoid clicking... So i cleaned up the ground cable, silionoids, and the rack, cuz i thought it might be a bad ground, Nope still dont turn, so i take the motor off open it up, and its as clean as a whistle, no dust and brushes look fine.. Its a prestolight motor, any one got any advice... Oh and sry if this shit been asked, just got no time for a search, need to get my shit going... Thanx for any advice.. need more info just ask..

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
just grab a 12v and jump start the motor and see if it goes. thats the easiest way to tell if its noid/wiring problems or not.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried that and the motor didnt turn, but its a new motor, so i dont know wtf is up.. what kind of wiring problem could it be.. and what kind of noid issue could it be if ive made sure i have a good ground?

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
charge batteries....not enough voltage. Bateries may not be good, they need to carry a ton of amps or they wont spin the motor. The current draw brings the batteries down to looow voltage. Hit the switch, check battery voltage when hit. If it drops way down and nothing....its your batts.

G

·
you really need to load test your battery's. you can buy a cheap load tester for around $30, even if a battery looks good on a charger it can still be bad. and one bad battery in your series is going to cause you problems

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think that it might be wiring issues, can you give me some hlep on that, what to look for, maybe its the noids

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aight, Question, good my noids be bad?Because there is no way its the batts, there all charged hot.. Could bad batt wires be a prob,, couldnt think of it being anything else... If any of this sounds possible please help me get juiceing agian....

G

·
Originally posted by 85cutty@Oct 3 2006, 12:05 AM~6294092
Aight, Question, good my noids be bad?Because there is no way its the batts, there all charged hot.. Could bad batt wires be a prob,, couldnt think of it being anything else... If any of this sounds possible please help me get juiceing agian....

:uh: did you load test your batterys ?

and that motor doesnt look new like you said

·
Registered
400 Posts
Move the batterys around, I'm thinking you might have a BAD CELL!!
They NEED to be Load tested!! :puffin:

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
DID THE MOTOR SPIN FREELY WHEN OFF THE PUMP? IVE HAD A SHITTY PUMP HEAD THAT REALLY SLOWED THE MOTOR DOWN.....I WOULD PULL THE MOTOR,AND GO TO THE CARS BATTERY NOT THE HYDRO BATTS GROUND THE MOTOR AND TRY 12V TO IT, IF NUTTIN THEN U HAVE A BAD MOTOR ;) IF IT WORKS CHECK YOUR WIRING

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No actually i havent load tested, them do you think napa would have a load tester i could use? Or any local car shop?

Originally posted by PUFFINALLDAY@Oct 3 2006, 03:55 AM~6294580
Move the batterys around, I'm thinking you might have a BAD CELL!!
They NEED to be Load tested!! :puffin:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hmm... well ill try this, sounds safer than just usin the charger, and i guess the charger doesent always work on motors??.. why not try the hydro batts?

Originally posted by GRINGO_CONNECT@Oct 3 2006, 04:20 AM~6294616
DID THE MOTOR SPIN FREELY WHEN OFF THE PUMP?  IVE HAD A SHITTY PUMP HEAD THAT REALLY SLOWED THE MOTOR DOWN.....I WOULD PULL THE MOTOR,AND GO TO THE CARS BATTERY NOT THE HYDRO BATTS GROUND THE MOTOR AND TRY 12V TO IT, IF NUTTIN THEN U HAVE A BAD MOTOR ;)  IF IT WORKS CHECK YOUR WIRING

·
GetDwn
1,503 Posts
Originally posted by 85cutty@Oct 3 2006, 08:34 AM~6295430
Hmm... well ill try this, sounds safer than just usin the charger, and i guess the charger doesent always work on motors??.. why not try the hydro batts?

....because the batteries might be the problem. by using the battery cables from your running car, you'll see if the motor actually spins when 12v are applied.

but yeh, load test your hydro batteries. even though they might show that they are charged....they still might be f*cked

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by Pepper@Oct 3 2006, 07:40 AM~6295467
....because the batteries might be the problem.  by using the battery cables from your running car, you'll see if the motor actually spins when 12v are applied.
but yeh, load test your hydro batteries. even though they might show that they are charged....they still might be f*cked

Aight, ill try load testin all the batts...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Aight got the batts load tested, and they are all good.... Hooked it all up and still nothin but noids clicken... then i went back to the setup and 2 of my noids were smokin and leaking some liqued, i disconected everything,... wtf is up.. some one got any advice... im replacing those noids today.. oh and i replaced all my batt wires, except for my ground quick release.. Any ideas??????

1 - 20 of 24 Posts