LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my motor out of my monte to rebuild it,I put it back in started it and it worked fine, then I turned my key off and it was still running anyone know what the problem is? Is it the connection to my starter?I am stumped any help would be helpful.

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
the only thing the starter does is get the engine running to build compression :) so i dont think thats it. I dont know what it is, so good luck with it. The only thing my small brain can think of is that the ignition is messed up cause in my mothers old car (before i destroyed it) was stolen and they had to put a new one in and i could just take out the whole thing without anything happening.

·
Banned
1,572 Posts
does it run for a while, or does it sputter? if it sputters thats called dieseling, that means there is still a little fuel going to the motor i think. but now you know its called "dieseling" you can looking into it further.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Originally posted by 1980seville@Aug 4 2003, 04:18 PM
does it run for a while, or does it sputter? if it sputters thats called dieseling, that means there is still a little fuel going to the motor i think. but now you know its called "dieseling" you can looking into it further.
did you rebuild the carb er even put a new one on, check to see if theres a bad smell comin from the pipe, well now wait... lemme ask you this. does it run normally after you turn the key off er does it jitter n make al sorts of old car sound fx , could also be an ignition problem mabe a bad solinoid er relay about to go answer me this than i can help you out. OH n try puttin in premium fuel n see what happens.

·
Registered
414 Posts
sounds like you got a constant hot runnin your coil instead of a keyed hot(switches off current when you turn the key off).i'd check the distributor wiring

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put a new 800 edelbrock carb on when I turn the key off it just keeps running like the key was on.It doesnt sputter or nothing just keeps running.(sounds good though)haha

·
Banned
1,572 Posts
thanks for posting that last one, too many jerks come on here and ask for help and never thank the people who gave em the answers, makes me wonder if those other peeps ever read the answers people gave or if they got it fixed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts