LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well. Self explanitory. Hit the front switch and I heard a knock and spin. Hit it again and all I haer is the motor and no lift. Only thing that act like it wants to work is the back but the front is just spinnin the motor. New pumphead perhaps? :(

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Need help quick. Not my car and he is late. Can't drive it cause the crossmember lays pavement! :uh: :( :0

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well looks like I'm gonna somehow have to fit a damn jack under here and throw the stock springs in? Help. :tears:

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by 1lownissan@Jan 9 2004, 05:21 AM
key broke? :dunno: what kinda gears and setup are you running?
We don't know. He's got a whole new pump in the trunk but we don't wanna take stuff apart unless we know what's going on. He's got an Marzoochi Xtreme flow #5. The ones that come in cool cars's street pumps.

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW: Just 2 pumps 4 dumps and an extra pump tha the was gonna put to the front.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
can't you just swap out the pumps with the extra one? better yet hook up the front hoses to the back and leave the back hoses disco'd that way he can get the front up and the back should have enough height. it is a g-body isn't it?

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by 1lownissan@Jan 9 2004, 05:27 AM
can't you just swap out the pumps with the extra one? better yet hook up the front hoses to the back and leave the back hoses disco'd that way he can get the front up and the back should have enough height. it is a g-body isn't it?
Nope lincoln towncar. Thankx for the idea! We're hooking the back pump up to the front now. I got oil all over my damn keyboard. Can't use the new pump because I don't have the O-ring that goes around the block where the tank goes one or a key and I know for a fact that the O-ring from the old pump is crap cause we got leaks like a mofo! Well gott go, they're doing all the work! Thankx!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
no problem. and tell him to stick a lil more coil in so he doesn't have that problem next time. i like it low too but the only thing i lay is cat. convertor.....but that's gutted anyway. ;)

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright he's out. But I still wanna know what happened cause I know him, by the end of the week he'll be here trying to fix it. He already got a big ass oil spot in the driveway. My mom is gonna shit! But thankx again 1lownissan, the thought never crossed my empty head to redirect the pump. So you said try a new key?

Last edited by Lowridingmike at Jan 9 2004, 05:44 AM

·
Registered
67 Posts
kinda a dum question but are you sure the pump has oil in it?? :dunno:

·
LAC RIDAH
12,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by S10Sk8inOnChrome@Jan 9 2004, 05:46 AM
kinda a dum question but are you sure the pump has oil in it?? :dunno:
Not anymore. Now the shit is all over the trunk carpet and my driveway. But ya know with that leaky seal he might have just been low on oil. Might be a dumb question. :0

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
no problem on the help. i would take the pump apart and inspest all the seal but first check all the bolt that hold the tank on and anything else you can think of.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts