LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm either looking to buy a turn table for a 20" trike or for info on motor size and such so i can build one myself. Also, any tips as far as the rack placement on top the motor, how big of a base is needed, and if possible to run off 12 or 24 volts rather than having to plug in to 110v and always needing an outlet. I've been looking at ceiling fans and it seems it may work for what i'm trying to do but not completely sure. It would be nice to have a remote to turn it on and off like some of the fans i've seen.

·
Founder & Pres.
9,007 Posts
the one i had made used a wipper motor from a car and runs on 12 volts or a power supply on ac
got any pics of it, curious to see what the wiper motor setup looks like

·
Founder & Pres.
9,007 Posts
Wow, nothing? Not even a legit place that sells them?
hey man the search engine usually helps, if no one gives you an answer to your questions?

not sure if you know how to use that or not but, for an example if you type in turntable in the search bar. related topics dealing with the word turntable will show up, then you scroll through them and pick the topics that best describe what your looking for and 9 out of 10 times you will find what your looking for.

I just did that for you for ready to go built turntables that your looking for and I came up with my homie cone weezy's topic... he's a good dude and has positive feedback, click his topic link I posted below and hit him up if interested.
http://www.layitlow.com/forums/26-lowrider-bikes/293308-turn-tables-made-houston-tx.html
:D:thumbsup:

your welcome;)

·
Registered
16,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, yeah i've searched already on here and just the net in general, youtube, etc. I saw that topic, it didnt' really answer a single one of my questions i posted above though and there were never any pics of the trike tables posted. I've got the idea on the framework and a rough estimate of base size but i'm looking for a nice solid motor that will turn at a decent consistant speed and not need to be plugged in. Just figured someone would have done that already.

·
Registered
653 Posts
i have been thinking a bout trying a wheelchair drive motor thay are 24 volt you can ues a variable speed switch
I HAVE ONE EXACT WILL IT WORK GUD FOR A TURN TABLE MOTOR?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts