LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ive alwasys used sacos, no problems at all, but i was wonderin the difference between 3 and 4 field motors, benifits and draw backs to each?

for high voltage systems 84-120 volt

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
the shunt slows the motor down .... and limits the rpm

the 4 field thou would produce more torque on start up and have lots of rpm .. jsut cant hit it as long

as for trying a 4 field motor at high volts go ahead ... nothing is quaranteed with a warranty is it?

my club members swear thou on prestolite oldschool plus motors...

O

·
0 Posts
ive personally always used sacos, ive used prestolites jsut not the oldschool plus' whats up with those?

·
Premium Member
7,112 Posts
Originally posted by ice64berg@Aug 16 2005, 03:22 PM~3637147
the shunt slows the motor down .... and limits the rpm

the 4 field thou would produce more torque on start up and have lots of rpm .. jsut cant hit it as long

as for trying a 4 field motor at high volts go ahead ... nothing is quaranteed with a warranty is it?

my club members swear thou on prestolite oldschool plus motors...
Shunts only work at 12 or maybe 24 volts.....and dont cut them out,at higher voltages the shunt balance out the motor...keeping a full north to south magnetic feild

4 feild motors have more torque but they dont spin faster...they spin slower becuase of the nsns feilding as where a 3 flield is nsn w/shunt allow infinite battery to rpm increases

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by One Luv@Aug 16 2005, 08:37 PM~3637271
ive personally always used sacos, ive used prestolites jsut not the oldschool plus' whats up with those?
extra terminal for grounding of motors ... they say they last longer ... so after i burn a motor up i am gonna try one and see for my self

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and BM thanks for straighening me out on the motors..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts