LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since search isnt working..

my 1" block has 4 holes tapped for mounting . My old 3/4" block had 6 holes, so I used four to mount the head to the block, and the other 2 just to hold the pump head sections to each other. (the only reason I did it like that
because I had some of the longer bolts layin around)

I'm just wondering, if I'm gonna mount a GF2 head, can I get away with just 2 bolts into the block or should I be going for more?

from what I can tell you could run 6 long bolts through the pump head into the block and everything would be fine once it was all torqued up.

what does everyone else do?

·
Registered
563 Posts
i do 2 bolts and for some reason i dont blow seals anymore...

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
i just tapped out my show time block added two more inserts and used all grade 8 hardware on my number 11

so far i havent blown out the seals yet ....but i havent got it on the strip yet

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Originally posted by ice64berg@Sep 14 2006, 07:24 AM~6169763
i just tapped out my show time block added two more inserts and used all grade 8 hardware on my number 11

so far i havent blown out the seals yet ....but i havent got it on the strip yet
how any volts you run to that 11? is it snappy?

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
If you are doing some inches and building good pressure...you will more than likely blow a seal with only 2 bolts. At least 4 should be the rule.

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wel it has the four to the top left tapped, they are centered over the pressure port, but that lave the whole other side open and I was thinking maybe key problems?

who knows, grade 8 bolts shouldnt let it have any slop anyways.

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by True-S_Mike@Sep 14 2006, 08:57 PM~6174266
how any volts you run to that 11? is it snappy?
72 and yes ..i'm sure it could use another batt or two still,also changed coils so that might be a part of it

but i am wondering what is the torque pattern for 4 bolts ..

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
and X pattern I would assume for a 4 bolt?

I'ver been wonder wether to get a #8 or #10 with 72 volts. think a #10 with 'plump' plumbing?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts