LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will most tire dealers mount and balane wires. also heard something about using grease when putting on the knock offs.
I'm getting my first set of wires this week and any helpfull hints anyone could give would be apperciated.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
i had to go to a mom and pop type tire place...

the big companies usually wont touch wires..

yes, they balanced them

put white lithium grease (the tub of it, not the spray can) on the gears and threads of the adapter, make sure to put the adapters on the correct side, and tighten the spinners with a lead hammer until they dont move...

I tightened mine everytime I parked it for the first few days, then a bout once a week after that for a month, then I didnt worry about them for the rest of the season..

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I used anti-seize grease on my threads and tighten my wheels everyday for the first few days then at least once a week for the next week or so now i just tighten them everytime i wash my car

·
Registered
918 Posts
Originally posted by CODE BLUE@Oct 19 2003, 07:15 PM
To grease the threads, you can also use anti-seize grease. It usually comes in a small gray container at any hardware or auto parts store.
yeah you can get ya grease from a Napa store if there's one near you

·
NO BITCH!!
101 Posts
Originally posted by regalistic+Oct 19 2003, 07:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (regalistic @ Oct 19 2003, 07:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--originales@Oct 19 2003, 07:21 PM
and ask them to static balance them,,,
what does that mean[/b][/quote]
its when they put all the weights on the inside of the rim..

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i went to tire discounter today. because i still need tires and an alinment. they said that they would mount and balance the tires and aline it with the stock wheels on but they won't put knock offs on. can they still static balance them.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by C10+Oct 20 2003, 01:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (C10 @ Oct 20 2003, 01:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 19 2003, 07:26 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--originales
@Oct 19 2003, 07:21 PM

what does that mean
its when they put all the weights on the inside of the rim..[/b][/quote]
whats the advantage of that

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Dicount Tire Co. will
and if you buy the wire/tire combo from them (L.A. Wire) they will offer you free balancing and rotation as long as you own the rims and tires....great deal! Usually under 600$ ...oh, and they price match :cheesy: :0 ;)

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by regalistic+Oct 23 2003, 01:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (regalistic @ Oct 23 2003, 01:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 20 2003, 01:51 PM

what does that mean

whats the advantage of that[/b][/quote]
Obviously, if all of the weights are on the INSIDE lip of the wheel, you don't have to look at them. Lead weights are not beautiful. :)

Of course, a dynamic balance is better (it corrects any "center-line" wheel/tire imperfections) and some shops (mostly the custom places) have chrome stick-on weights that don't look too bad on the outside; depending on how many they have to use. Of course since most "lowriders" don't drive fast, static balancing is enough. And you can only tell the difference in good static or dynamic balancing at really speeds.

·
NO BITCH!!
101 Posts
Originally posted by regalistic+Oct 23 2003, 10:15 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (regalistic @ Oct 23 2003, 10:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 20 2003, 01:51 PM

what does that mean

whats the advantage of that[/b][/quote]
its just so you dont see the weights just like what BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS said.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for all the info. my wheels came today and i'm taking them to be mount and balanced tommorrow

1 - 17 of 17 Posts