LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,848 Posts
keeps the engine from turning more than your set or desired rpms, ussually when it hits the set rpm,itll missfire the cylinders or studder so the rpms wont increase.,most racers use it,and serious street rods and stuff.. some boxes have chips,some have a dial to set the rpms

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by pink63impala@Nov 22 2008, 07:54 AM~12228409
keeps the engine from turning more than your set or desired rpms, ussually when it hits the set rpm,itll missfire the cylinders or studder so the rpms wont increase.,most racers use it,and serious street rods and stuff.. some boxes have chips,some have a dial to set the rpms
Ok itsnt it wired to a switch to be activated and deactivated. If I understand you correctly, you can use it to stay around the rmp where your peak hp or torque is right?

·
Registered
14,848 Posts
The spark output of the new box has been turned up to 535 volts of primary voltage with spark energy reaching up to 135millijoules! The multiple sparks of the 6AL-2 burn in the cylinder for 20 degrees of crankshaft rotation to ensure complete combustion.Two more great features are the rev limits! There are two rev limiters; one for high end overrev protection and another you can activate off a clutch or transbrake to set a launch limit. This feature will help your car blast off the starting line! Adjustments are made via four rotary dials for 100 rpm increment control!The all new capacitive discharge ignition will easily connect to nearly any 12-volt negative ground distributor system

you set the dail to the max rpm you want your engine to turn.id set it at 5500 max if your engone is stock or old

·
18,283 Posts
Originally posted by 84delta88@Nov 22 2008, 07:40 AM~12228758
Ok itsnt it wired to a switch to be activated and deactivated. If I understand you correctly, you can use it to stay around the rmp where your peak hp or torque is right?
You set it so you don't rev too high and blow your motor.

·
18,283 Posts
Originally posted by pink63impala@Nov 22 2008, 10:17 AM~12229517
The spark output of the new box has been turned up to 535 volts of primary voltage with spark energy reaching up to 135millijoules! The multiple sparks of the 6AL-2 burn in the cylinder for 20 degrees of crankshaft rotation to ensure complete combustion.Two more great features are the rev limits! There are two rev limiters; one for high end overrev protection and another you can activate off a clutch or transbrake to set a launch limit. This feature will help your car blast off the starting line! Adjustments are made via four rotary dials for 100 rpm increment control!The all new capacitive discharge ignition will easily connect to nearly any 12-volt negative ground distributor system
you set the dail to the max rpm you want your engine to turn.id set it at 5500 max if your engone is stock or old
x2 :biggrin:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I understand now thanks. I'm just getting all of the smaller things so when I finish my 383 stroker build I can just sway the engines and put the parts from the other engine on there. I'm trying to upgrade the igntion now.

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by 84delta88@Nov 22 2008, 09:55 PM~12232457
I understand now thanks. I'm just getting all of the smaller things so when I finish my 383 stroker build I can just sway the engines and put the parts from the other engine on there. I'm trying to upgrade the igntion now.
Don't forget to upgrade the ignition too, while you're at it.

·
Married to the Ave
24,221 Posts
:uh: NAW MANG HE SHOULD STICK WITH POINTS...YEA...POINTS AND A 6AL-2 ARE TIIIIIIGHT

1 - 12 of 12 Posts