LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Debating on which one to get- Flowmasters or a glasspack on a 64 impala with a 350 engine. If flowmasters which models and if glasspack which brand also? Thanks

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
how loud do you want to be?..glass packs sound like straight pipes....flomaster are loud at cruising speed but rumble at idle, i think magnaflows are the best...rumble at idle, semi quite at cruising speed

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
how about running a pipe off of ech hedder into a glass pack and then stickin a flowmaster 40 series wit a tip on both sides for a total of 2 glasspacks and 2 flowmasters?? I've heard wut it wounds like wit just two mufflers running off of str8 pipes and oh m god does that shit sound good ;)

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
i had glass packs cuz of the fart they make when you rev it up

i got 40 series flowmasters at idle and cruz they have a smooth rumble and if i rev it up the still baffle

·
Registered
343 Posts
glass packs are the only way toi go on a low low, and they still rumble at low speeds, they just bark like a mother fuker when u put the foot down

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
yeah, 15 inch glass packs (aka cherry bombs) are the best sounding. use 2inch up to 2 1/4inch pipe. When I raced I had 3 inch pipe and 3 inch cherrys and it is too loud for the road. Unless you dont care about getting tickets.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Originally posted by 1LOWCHERO@Jul 26 2003, 12:10 AM
yeah, 15 inch glass packs (aka cherry bombs) are the best sounding. use 2inch up to 2 1/4inch pipe. When I raced I had 3 inch pipe and 3 inch cherrys and it is too loud for the road. Unless you dont care about getting tickets.
i run 2 inch cherry bombs with two inch pipe running straight to the back bumper. everyone says it is the loudest car they have heard, just remeber to idle past the cops

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
glasspacks on the regal, with duals :biggrin:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Originally posted by Ty's 64@Jul 25 2003, 01:18 AM
Debating on which one to get- Flowmasters or a glasspack on a 64 impala with a 350 engine. If flowmasters which models and if glasspack which brand also? Thanks
are you going for performance or sound?

if its only sound you want the glass packs
if you are wanting more perfomance go with the flowmasters 40's
(less back pressure)

hell what state are you in? if you want performance you can just do straight pipes if your in certain states

·
Registered
130 Posts
Originally posted by rosecityrider@Aug 1 2003, 12:49 AM
glass packson my 63ss, flows never sounded right to me on an impala, besides they are very loud inside the car.
depends on the model of flowmasters the 50's are much queiter inside than the 40's

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Well glasspacks are straight pipe with some resonant packing material around it. Love that krackle when you step on and off the gas.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts