LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1986 Buick Regal and i have been having trouble with the exhaust system....The problem is that i dont have one, Haha. It's just a straight pipe from the header. I cut the catalyc converter because it was all rusted out. It sounds like a Big ass Fuckin truck!

Now here's the question. I bought two Delta flow Flowmaster's 40 series, but i also see they make a 80 series. Which one is better??

If you got a better suggestion hit me up.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone ????????????????????

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Any series Flowmaster would be good. I mean I have a 1985 Buick Regal that I already have the duals done just needs the two mufflers. Im putting the Flowmaster 80 Series on mine just depends on how deep you want the sound. Trust me dont do cherry bombs it wont sound as natural as a Flowmaster would.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
i got 40 series on mine, it gets loud inside the car on certain rpms/speed

but overall im happy with the sound with it being a v6 and all.
check out my webpage link

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ay torx thanks for your help and the pics but i think i goin to go with the 80's series like lugoscustoms

ay lugoscustoms, have u put the mufflers on yet.
so u going to put on two of them.
im think im goin to put one with two outlets
or u think two muffers will be better

thanks again

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
80 series cancel out more sound. almost like a louder/deeper stock sound.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats what i want im mostly lookin for the look of a dual

thanks again to all of u for your help

Kronica

·
Registered
4,190 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ay thanks schmid64

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
really all in all flowmasters are gonna have almost the same sound.

i wanted magnaflows but the shop was out so i had to go with flows.

magnaflows are best imo.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
naaa you can't listen to the sounds of a flowmaster from computer speakers unless you have a subwoofer hooked up :p

Anyway, i got the 40 series... it's supposed to have the "Classic Flowmaster" sound, which isn't too deep (so it doesn't sound stupid). the 80 series (if i remember correctly) is a much louder exhaust, but i think it's stupid for cars to have really loud exhausts, so i got the 40 series, and i'm very happy with it and would recommend it to you :)

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Originally posted by Stealth@Jan 5 2004, 05:56 PM
naaa you can't listen to the sounds of a flowmaster from computer speakers unless you have a subwoofer hooked up :p

Anyway, i got the 40 series... it's supposed to have the "Classic Flowmaster" sound, which isn't too deep (so it doesn't sound stupid).  the 80 series (if i remember correctly) is a much louder exhaust, but i think it's stupid for cars to have really loud exhausts, so i got the 40 series, and i'm very happy with it and would recommend it to you :)
do tha 40 series give u nice low rumble when ur idleing?? and wut does it sound like when u mash on tha gas??? and at higher speeds and rpms?

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
yeah, when my car idles it's got that nice, "powerful" sound, particularly when you stray near the back of the car. when you accelerate, (if you've got the radio off) you can easily hear the low, power of the car... the higher the RPMs the better it sounds!

I dunno, i just thought it would be stupid to have a Cadillac sound like a monster truck when i started the engine, it's not supposed to be a "look at my power" kind of car, so i researched all flowmasters and other mufflers, and i found the 40 series to be the best, because it's the "original flowmaster sound", which is a low, "sleeping beast" kind of sound, like it's got power if it needs it. it fits the kind of car i think, because it doesn't sound stupidly loud or low, just perfect i think :D

go with a DUAL-OUT 40 series flowmaster and you won't be disappointed... do what i didn't do at first: go straight for a DUAL OUT 40 series, i went with just replacing the stock muffler with the flowmaster, and a chrome tip... it sounds cool, but a dual out would sound even better. get them to run a second exhaust on the left of the car (out of the flowmaster), and chrome tip the ends, and it'll look (and sound) badass

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
stealth is right.... i wouldn't use anything else....great sound at idle or high rpms... and will give you a couple more horses cause of the free flow design.... nothing better on the market....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts